conversion 1/4 mile times?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
the calculator doesn't seem to work all that well. hy hilux is 1720kg(4020lb) and has been dynoed at 105 rwkw (140rwhp) and the calculator says it will do a 17 somthing. i know this is not true because it will match a gen 3 ss vx commodore ute (manual) in a straight line and there suposed to do mid 13's

work that out.

V8 Hilux

i have an old dyno graph which was done with 31" tires which shows 130rwkw i now have 33" tires which was the 105kw result.

http://www.members.aol.com/v8hilux/dynopage.html

Are you implying that your 4000lbs truck with 140 rwhp will do the 1/4 in mid 13's? that doesnt sound right at all.... if i understood you correctly a 17 in the 1/4 sounds a bit fast, lol Please correct me if i have your info wrong.....

Anyway i tried using that thing too, i got a trap speed of 88.7 and i said my car weighed 4000lbs. It said i had a rwhp of 217, so i entered that into the bottom part along with car weight of 4000lbs. The trap speed came out really closely to what i got, but the ET was completely different, i ran a 15.9, and it said i should have ran a 15.3. I wish i had ran a 15.3...... and i brake torqued it, i couldnt have gone any faster, maybe if i had an manual i would have ran a 15.3. What gives?

Using this link (http://www.timmcamis.com/rear_horse.html), I input figures of:
3351 pounds (car was weighed at 1520kgs with a full tank of fuel)
170.3 RWHP (converted from it's original dyno of 127RWKW)
and got figures of 15.7 1/4 and a trap speed of 86.7MPH. I'd be surprised if a stock LS would get near my Cressida down the track (given the weight differences etc); yet people are quoting those numbers or better from the simulators on a 1st gen LS...
(Maybe I need to actually get the thing officially timed down the 1/4).

The best way to find out how fast your car is,is to take the your car to the drag strip!!!!
The next best option is to go for run with a G-TECH on board.
As my closest drag strip is 350klm's away and i've been a bit slack i haven't made it there yet, i have gone for a run using the G-TECH and my best run with some wheelspin was 14.3 @ 104mph. The car weigh's 1350kg's including my weight and has 214.3rwhp.
After i have finished widening a pair of rims to suit my slicks and get my car fully legal i will be going to the drags to find out how quick it is.

Finally i made it to the strip Willowbank in Queensland for a test and tune 13.81 @101.6 mph with a 60ft of 2.12
i was pretty happy with that it must be theeasiest car to launch all night the 60 ft did not move out of the 2.1's
it is a consistant car that would do very well in dial in's

Regardless of what the site says it is NOT using or calculating RWHP. The numbers given are FLYWHEEL HP. For a quick check I ran the numbers on my LS400 and my old TBird. Both "calculated" around 300 "rwhp". The TBird was a 5 speed and actually dyno'd at 249rwhp/314rwtq on a Dynojet. I haven't had my LS400 on a Dynojet but have a GTech Pro Competition that typically calcs 210-220rwhp and from my estimates should Dynojet 225-235rwhp.

Now, I have tried a number of these calculators and they are usefull if you provide good data and UNDERSTAND their limitations and what the output data means. First, the output is the BEST possible run and that would assume excellent traction and minimized 60fts. Second, they use around 15% for drivetrain loss. This is good data for a 5 speed manual transmission car but our heavier and luxury suspended sedans are closer to 22% loss. This requires than you compensate accordingly. On an early LS400 with a rating of 250hp, I consider that the true flywheel HP is around 230-235hp (based on actual dynojet measurements) and then further adjust for the higher drivetrain loss. So, the number I use for a 4100 pound 1990-1994 LS400 is 210hp and get about a 15.7 @ 87mph from the link. That is pretty close.

slow camry said:
that desktop dyno on my truck with a 2UZ estimated 214.2 rwhp (4450 lbs with an 85.13mph trap speed). Most sotck tundras are around 200-205 rwhp.

using this link: http://www.timmcamis.com/rear_horse.html

V8 Hilux said:
the calculator doesn't seem to work all that well. hy hilux is 1720kg(4020lb) and has been dynoed at 105 rwkw (140rwhp) and the calculator says it will do a 17 somthing. i know this is not true because it will match a gen 3 ss vx commodore ute (manual) in a straight line and there suposed to do mid 13's

work that out.

V8 Hilux

i have an old dyno graph which was done with 31" tires which shows 130rwkw i now have 33" tires which was the 105kw result.

http://www.members.aol.com/v8hilux/dynopage.html

First of all your truck doesn't have the power to run 13s regardless of anything else. With your better dyno of 131.2rwkW you were making 171rwhp. Using 20% drivetrain loss (reasonable guess that should work decently with the limitations of the estimators) gives you 221 flywheel HP. Running the estimator gives 15.4 @ 88mph. Sounds pretty realistic to me. Now, with the lower 105rwkW dyno you will be hurting. Using the same math gives 177 flywheel hp and calculates to 16.5 @ 83mph.

400ZED,You gotta be happy with that result, Got a couple questions
RWHP?
Weight of car?
Diff ratio?
What sort of tyres?
Are you planning on making it quicker? if so whats next?

233RWhp on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode.
3.73 open wheeler
225/50R16 hankooks (brand new bought at lunch raced that night (Not planned but hey))
of course i want it quicker but for a while i want to make it nicer, steering wobble has to go, diff vibration has to go, suspension needs to be lower and stiffer A/c i need it bad. stuff like that then NA power. cams throttles, porting stuff like that then a top mount blower.

weight of car probably around 1200kg

any questions always happy to answer them.

400ZED said:
1300kg +-20kg with a full tank of fuel 65L i just got back from the weight bridge.
i'll have to weigh the falcon soon for intrest, its got 1300 on rego label but fiited with gas(gues around 100kg full) and 1UZ conversion i reckon another 50kg going by the amount wheel align was out, moved car down 10mm on Heavy duty lowered springs from previous 6 cyl falcon.

i didn't expect a ZED to weigh that much

nor did i. i use that weigh bridge a lot through work and have found inconsistencies. but it is calibrated and should be acurate.

You must have a heathier engine than mine,my engine only ran a best of 214rwhp,could do with some more tuning, only had about an hour of road tuning.
What computer you running?
What brand and grade engine oil you using?
Was your 60ft time 2sec from wheel spin or the 1uz's lack of torque?
What size exhaust,cat's,muffler,etc?
I'll run out of questions eventually.

that is a good 60ft ( would like to see better this thing is a weapon off the line eats a mates 13.4 s turbo vl) no wheelspin off the line
i run wolf 3d with a lot of tunning
i run 4-1 extractors
twin 2-1/2 cats resinators
3' single diff back to a straight through.
i run castrol dam expensive fully syenthetic i forget which grade.
a 93 soarer motor
auto with torque converter

214rwhp doesn't sound too bad dyno's are not super consistent.

Thank's for that info, the reason i asked about what grade engine oil you are using is because the first time i ran my car on the dyno it ran 208rwhp,using KENDAL 20w50 at time,(oil pressure was quitehigh as well)I've changed to FUCHS 10w30 synthetic oil no other changes, back on the same dyno & ran the 214rwhp.
That's bought me to another question, what oil pressure's does your motor run?( cold, hot,after a hard drive etc )
Do you know what grade oil is actually specified by toyota for the 1uz?

Thank's