Can These Go

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All
I have just replaced the fuel regulator and want to know if these can be removed, the middle is the EGR and I think I just need to put a 10k resister in the two wires.
Do I need to do anything with the 2 other plugs (if they can be removed).

Alan

Attachments

• P4220259.JPG
    P4220259.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 96
Yes, but don't just snip them off, seal the open ends and tuck them away under the inlet manifold out of sight.

This is a '96 1UZ I done last year, it went from this.....

Picture047-3.jpg

To this...
private032.jpg

Those missing components do trigger fault codes, but only if you look for them. The engine check light doesn't come on unless you bridge the ports in the diagnostics box or plug in a scanner.

Hi All
I have just replaced the fuel regulator and want to know if these can be removed, the middle is the EGR and I think I just need to put a 10k resister in the two wires.
Do I need to do anything with the 2 other plugs (if they can be removed).

Hey guys, just bumping this thread for more info + clarification...

I'm going to run one of my 1UZ (non-vvti) engines on stock ecu. I will be using an aftermarket Fuel Pressure Reg, removing EGR system and will probably not be running boost on this motor.

I want to know if I can unplug the VSV's in the top picture and strip the wires from the loom..? Either de-pinning/bridging/etc where necessary.

Any info on this 10k resistor? Is this the one they used to supply in the lextreme egr removal kit for this purpose??

Thanks..