Building my transmission adapter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well I got it all done and bolted up. So that's it for this thread. Now onto engine & transmission mounts to put all this into a 73 Nova SS.

I drilled and tapped four holes in the middle for 7/16-20 bolts that I lathed down in diameter about 3/4 of an inch to let the bearing ride on.

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1956.JPG

Bolted to the transmission.

IMG_1959.JPG

Bolted on the bellhousing.

IMG_1961.JPG

Installed the bearing.

IMG_1961.JPG

Then bolted everything together.

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

Jake

1uzfe to r154

Would you be interested in selling the file you used? I haven't had any luck finding any others. Ed over at v-eight never replief about his cad file.

Woah, that's some fine work.. more than just an "adapter"...

What would that cost to machine? That's one big billet and lots of time in it looks like. Too big for my little mill I bet!

The time to machine is dwarfed by the time to engineer it. Thank you for the compliment though. I worked on it on and off for awhile between other projects. But I bet I have more than 40 hours of measuring and Solidworks before I had something I was happy with. I got a deal on the billet block because of all the material I buy so that was only 125.00. Figure about 4-6 hours of programming and fixture building in the machine shop. Op1 was almost 45 minutes. Op2 was about an 1.5 hours and OP3 was about 20 minutes. It would be impossible to make this adapter on a manual machine only because of the surfacing because I wanted it to smoothly transition from bellhousing to transmission. You could make the adapter on a manual machine if you make some consolations in the surfacing.

Jake

I have a complete kit as shown in the links that is not going to be used. There will be a flywheel, throwout bearing, the adapter plate and the hardware. It will be less bellhousing but those are easy to get. It should be available in a couple of weeks.

Dimensionally its the same one in the pictures but will need a little sanding on the exterior to get it nice and smooth for painting or plating. If you look real close to the pictures it is exactly what you will get as far as finish.

I was going to advertise it locally but if someone on here is interested I will be happy to ship it. I have not worked out a price just yet. Everything including the bearing is brand new and unused.

There will also be a R154 transmission but I won't ship that. It is a used unit and seems to work properly but it has never been shifted by me under power. So I cannot guarantee it actual condition.

Interest?

Jake

Thanks. I wish the community was healthy enough to support business's dumping in developing money. But it is what it is.

There is some stuff coming soon I hope if I can get a couple of paying jobs out of the way.

Jake