Standalone ECU Best ECU for me? (turbo 1uz, factory auto)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hungryforinfo

Was thinking of going stand alone, but I have a few issues, running standard ECU atm, and factory auto box, also want to delete AFM and run turbo at 10psi.

I have the factory digital dash, but may look to delete that and go hand controller entirely, if it can show me all the different sensors, including speed, coolant, oil etc.

cheers
Rob

Cool, will chat to him next weekend, and see where he is leaning.

Attachments

• 1UZFE custom intake flange1.jpg
    1UZFE custom intake flange1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1UZFE custom intake flange2.jpg
    1UZFE custom intake flange2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 15
Most tuners know how to tune for the engine, but rarely someone whom knows how to tune the auto box. The tuner may mess up your auto box if he doesn't know exactly how the auto tranny for your car operates with the engine. 10 psi should be completely fine with a piggyback and stock ECU.

Most tuners know how to tune for the engine, but rarely someone whom knows how to tune the auto box. The tuner may mess up your auto box if he doesn't know exactly how the auto tranny for your car operates with the engine. 10 psi should be completely fine with a piggyback and stock ECU.
Yep thats where as said the std ECU is left to control Auto...
Piggyback...There's no need to stuff around with auto / ECU...

Attachments

• 1UZFE Extrudabody ITB intake.jpg
    1UZFE Extrudabody ITB intake.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 9
I was searching that website first, but it was out of stock, so was looking for other options. The Wolf dealer for my area is only up the road, and I thought I might try and drop in there next week or so.

Anyone know if there will be anymore plugin options again soon, or am I best off just buying a 3D now, or wait for a V500?

The Supra AEM is "almost" PnP for the USDM SC400 if you have the right tuner, and it controls the A340E, as it has been controlling the A/T's in Supra's for nearly 7 years now.

Only problem is that I don't think the AEM is that popular in Oz 'cause you already have a great choice of EMS', so it's probably difficult to find one, and even more difficult to find a tuner that supports it.

Yep thats where as said the std ECU is left to control Auto...
Piggyback...There's no need to stuff around with auto / ECU...

So, it's possible to use the V500 to keep the standard ECU for controlling the auto, but use the V500 to control the engine in 'standalone' mode?