Bellhousing compatibility 1UZ,1UZ VVTi,2UZ,3UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TundraEddie

Anyone know if the older 1UZ and VVTi 1UZ/3UZ share the same bellhousing pattern?

I'm going to throw in a swap idea...6 speed auto.

'04 LS430s have them. The bellhousing fits the 2UZ shortblock I have lying around with no modifications.

Any interest?

as per experience with toyota engines especially the 4/5/6/7 M series engine, 1/2 JZ engines, 4A engines, and 2TC/3TC engines... as per each family of engines share the same bellhousing pattern....

so in short a UZ engines series should be the same bellhousing patterns no matter what engine set-up/stroke/bore it has

V8 MK2 Supra said:
as per experience with toyota engines especially the 4/5/6/7 M series engine, 1/2 JZ engines, 4A engines, and 2TC/3TC engines... as per each family of engines share the same bellhousing pattern....

so in short a UZ engines series should be the same bellhousing patterns no matter what engine set-up/stroke/bore it has

Very true, the only problem we have found is when changing from FWD to a RWD set-up with starters and things, but I cant see the U series engines having that problem

Logan

I've done a little research on the new trannies and your gonna come across some wiring difficulties. Old UZ's only use one computer for both and the 3UZ's two ecu's share the fun. And there's bound to be much more wiring fun.

I say wait till the IS430 comes out with the getrag 6spd and get the bell housing from that and you'll have a real six speed that can handle whatever you can dish out. Don't forget that taller sixth gear will keep you away from the gas pump longer.

jacob said:
I've done a little research on the new trannies and your gonna come across some wiring difficulties. Old UZ's only use one computer for both and the 3UZ's two ecu's share the fun. And there's bound to be much more wiring fun.

I say wait till the IS430 comes out with the getrag 6spd and get the bell housing from that and you'll have a real six speed that can handle whatever you can dish out. Don't that taller sixth gear will keep you away from the gas pump longer.
As I have remeber from the 2JZGTE engines with Getrag 6speed tranny did not come with seperate transmission bellhousing but insted it is incomperated witht he transmission... the bellhousing on Getrags is not seperate piece

I was just running into this issue. I am mating the getrag 6 speed to a 1UZ, but I wanted it to work on a 2UZ just in case. I bought a LS400 transmission, and the bellhousing did not quite match up to the 2UZ. Then I tried it on a 92 1UZ, and it did not fit either. Turns out the bellhousing is warped. Given I would have a unwarped housing, I would expect it to fit on 1/2/3UZ perfecctly.

And FYI, the 6th gear is not taller on the getrag.

Very interesting the 3UZ uses two computers.

If they work like a Crown it will be easy to get one to run without the auto trans. Jacob, The Crown uses an ECU and ECT.

This could/should be to our advantage.