Anyone here wired a Link ECU to a 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yep - LEM V5 and my own G2 linkplus. Lowboy also has one which him and a friend wired. We have used quite a few link and linkplus ECUs on different cars. The conversion we are doing now is using standard soarer then we are doing a 1982 crown with another G2. They are quite easy to do. When I did mine there wasn't even a base map avaliable so I had to tune from scratch. Lowboy used my map and we adjusted from there. Cheers Kelvin

Attachments

• 2uzfe-Main 008.jpg
    2uzfe-Main 008.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2uzfe-Main 009.jpg
    2uzfe-Main 009.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2uzfe-Main 011.jpg
    2uzfe-Main 011.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 6
Ah cool! I think I will have a go at wiring the Link in myself... Do you have any pointers? I will basically need step by step help so I will be very annoying if you decide to help! haha I will be using a LinkPlus G3.

When are you taking delivery of the linkplus G3? I have another conversion to do soon and was going to use a G2 but the man would most likely want the newest thing. Should be a nice piece of equipment. Have you wired anything before? The first step is read the instruction book. Step two - read it again. Then ask questions, then start wiring. I can help when you get to it and the guys from link are helpful too. I think there are five link managed cars in my shop at the moment, I specailise in tuning but I am surrounded in performance stuff. I don't even advertise performance or conversion work.
My wife joined the gym the other day and got a $10 flight to several places including ChCh - do you think she would understand if I used it?
Let me know when you are ready to start. Cheers

Hey mate,

New Plus G3 should be here in 1.5 weeks. I had a Plus G2 but decided to upgrade. LOTS more inputs on it so I can log things like oil pressure etc.

The most wiring I have done is very basic, but I can crimp and solder! haha but an amature with a multimeter and understanding the physics of whats going on.

My flatmate is one of the owners at NZEFI (2 of the guys there used to engineer Link products and still do contract work for them), but I kinda want to learn myself and take the plunge! I also know Philip Royds and could draw on him for knowledge, but I dont want to be too annoying!

I dont have a wife, and dont understand women at all, but I wouldnt risk anything! haha.

I kinda figured I would grab the loom, pic a wire and work out where it goes then pick another and so on and see what happens. I know it will take LOTS of hours, but thats what weekends are for! Here is the V8 in the car yesterday...

l_3bbc6d222335f860cba46cd351260878.jpg

l_9d97c4751b660f257e6ec189703aa9df.jpg

Geoff in Rotorua is a very good guy yo deal with - Just supplied him with a block, coils and logs. He made my adaptor plate. Cheers. I didn't realise he did looms for linkplus G3. Cheers

Man thats looking really good mate! Id be keen on learning about wiring mine up to. Hopefully only a month or so away. Its in the shop next week getting the exhaust manifolds and engine mounts up

Yo my car is in at NZEFI at the moment if you want to check it out... just pop by and ask to see it, the guys will let you no worries but they may be busy preparing for the show tomorrow...

Hey e-solver,

Looking good, umm why have you removed the idle up off the front of the inlet manifold?? the G3 should run that?? When i was working out how to wire it in i got out the break out loom and put the wires to where they needed to go. I got help from a mate and gloverman and mine seems to be going well. Do as gloverman suggested and read the installation manual a couple of times then go over it a third time while setting out your wires. Another little tip....keep the ignition module away from the coils and ECU..