A650E problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lourens

Hi Everyone,

I bought a V8 VVTI engine with 5sp transmission to fit in my Land Rover Disco 2. I previously had the non VVTI in there which was excellent but I wanted the VVTI with the original ecu.

The problem I have now is that the car only have reverse. you can feel the transmission go into gear but the car only creeps forward at high rpm's. I thought it was transmission and got another one but the some problem still there.

I changed all sensors, and swapped the ecu around with a car that is running 100%.

I'm out of possible causes. Is there some tests I can do? The diagnostics doesn't show any errors. Can someone please tell me where to look?

do hydraulic shift test
disconnect every single connector from the trans
now try to run through all gears manually
If it still doesn't go forward then it's hydraulic or mechanic problem in the trans

do hydraulic shift test
disconnect every single connector from the trans
now try to run through all gears manually
If it still doesn't go forward then it's hydraulic or mechanic problem in the trans

hey George, he is onto his second transmission and second ECU, what are the odds of the same problem still occurring?
Torque converter?
transmission fluid? Have you got enough in there? only about 2 litres run out when you drain the pan, but total capacity From memory is 9.4 litres