92 ls400 wiring help needed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

uknuta

Hi i'm new on here and just needed a bit of help with wiring a 1uzfe out of a 92 ls400. I have the whole car and have been going through the loom cutting out what i don't need but i'm a bit stuck with the 28 pin connector into ecu and 16 pin grey connector that plugs into ecu harness.
The 28 pin i have right (i think) i have 5 wires into it, 1 blk/yel wire which is permenant 12v, then 2 blk/red wires and 2 blk/org 1 smaller than the other. Not too sure which pins are what though.
then my 16pin connector i have a large black for starter power and a blk/wht for starter solenoid, then i have a large blk/org, a blk/red and a blk. These all need to be connected for it to run.
the eng and ecu are still in the car so i wanted to get it all running with loom figured out before swapping into another car. The other issue i have is the theft computer. If i unplug it, it won't start the car. Will this be an issue once i take external power supplys for batt, ign and starter relays?
Any help appriciated.

Here are pics of where i'm at

Attachments

• IMG_2015020621909.jpg
    IMG_2015020621909.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2015020612277.jpg
    IMG_2015020612277.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_201502060883.jpg
    IMG_201502060883.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 29
the computer you have there is a security *warning* ecu, it's for rhd asian market 1989-1994 LEXUS LS400 (UCF10R-AEPGK) (engine computer p/n 89661-50070, -50110, -50180,-50210)

A security warning ecu does not do anything related to engine start/stop.

Your dead right with parts numbers and model but when i unplug that theft warning unit the starter won't crank.
What is that theft warning unit for?

Just throw the warning ecu away and wire the power supplies separately. You have also removed the under dash diagnostic wiring which is helpful if you have issues later.

So the wire up the 5 wires on the 28pin plug through a relay each? Then what about the 16pin plug? I think the blk one is an earth. Thanks for your help

don't be so lazy and pull the wires out of the ecu plug rather than cut them very short
just makes it not look so bloody dodgey
would have taken 2 minutes
people should the more care even if they are not getting paid for the job and even if its their car
my 7 year old even knows to take them out hehe

Plugs will get de pinned when going into new car. Was just seeing what is needed so its nothing to do with lazyness.

Hi guys - what is the method for removing pins from ECU plugs? I left mine long enough to resplice in case I had a wiring problem and had to reconnect something. Now it is running fine and I don't need to do this I can remove he other wires from the ECU plugs.

Thanks, Mat.

If it is a 40/40/40 remove the yellow cover to expose the lock tabs. Pop the tabs back and pull the wires out. Others are similar. 20 series they have a lock on the side.

Yes, it removes the risk of a short on one of those exposed wires to either another or just sorting to earth.

They are easy to de-pin.

Hi, thanks for the info, I will do this. Yes mine is a 40/40/40 from a 92 Soarer. I was planning to put heat shrink over the end of each unused wire but now I know they can be removed I'll take them out.

Mat.

Btw - follow up question, on my ECU plugs, the unused pins (from the factory) have a yellow rubber or plastic dust boot, is it possible to obtain these?

Thanks, Mat.