'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Haha yeah the holley plenum top was the best idea I've had building this thing, the plenum top and the flange were both in stock at summit and were super cheap

This is why I've been too busy to post

4720F874-0C71-4900-A310-CD4FC0712309.jpg

Early block and heads
Ross 9.5:1 .040 pistons
TTC chromoly I-beam rods w/arp2000 bolts
ACL main and rod bearings
ARP head studs
Crower 264/272 cams
Cometic MLS gaskets
Etc

Time to get it together and turn up the boost!

Holy ....balls, looks awesome.

A tip for future dyno runs. Don't use good rubber...metal rollers kill them and you'll read lower as well (if that matters...of course it does ;) )

Use the hardest rubber you can find and run around 45psi

Here's a current re-cap of what's in the drivetrain

Trans
-Tremec t56 magnum close ratio 6spd
-QuickTime LSx SFI approved bellhousing
-custom CNC steel BH-1uz adapter plates
-custom 4140 cromoly 1pc flywheel
-spec stage4 copper clutch

Engine
-early Toyota crown 1uzfe
-TTC cromoly I-Beam rods, with ARP2000 bolts
-Ross 9.5:1 3.465" pistons
-ACL Main and Rod bearings, std size
-fully balanced rotating assembly
-Ford Zetec main stud kids as Head studs 10mm, drilled/tapped the two holes under the scissor gear to allow the stud to seat lower
-crower regrind 260/264 cams
-kelford valve springs 80lb seat
-mild port and polish; smoothed out the inside radius turn, removed casting flash and gasket matched
-cometic MLS head gaskets, block and heads surfaced for proper seal
-Intake manifold is a Holley LSx upper plenum with completely custom short runner lower, 95mm LSx throttle body, stock GM tps and ISCV

Fuel
-TTC big bore fuel rails
-dual bosch 044 pumps submerged in custom 3litre fuel surge tank
-aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-ID1000 injectors
-MS3pro running fully sequential fuel and spark using 2uz Logic coils, stock crank and cam input triggers

-A pair of precision billet ball bearing T4 housing 6262 turbos (actually ones a 6262 and the other is a 6266, just happened that way)
-dual 2.5" inlet, single 3" outlet air to air intercooler originally for a corvette
-1 7/8" primary to Log manifolds, dual precision 39mm wastegates, turbosmart racegate blow off valve, 3" downpipes, full exhaust going through a pair of dynomax ultra flow welded 3" mufflers

Will post up some newer pics later

Thanks for the reminder sheepers, I have been forgetting to update this site.

A few new things

-full forged built long block
-painless performance 26 circuit wiring harness
-tilton pedal box assembly with heel mounted master cylinders

And lots of other goodies. I actually just fired the car up for the first time in 7months after a full re-wire of the electrical, fuel system, new motor, modded cooling system and a bunch of other stuff. Should hopefully be driving it in the next couple days to see how it is!

Oh man... Your project is so f...ing awesome!! I love this custom build up. I know it from my own project, it takes so much time and hard work to realize your ideas. Enjoy it and have a lot of fun with you amazing car!

BTW, what is your experience with the T56 Magnum? I'm planning to buy it for my MK3 1UZ TT.
Which clutch do you have now?

Thanks
Alex

Wonder how amazingly intercooler blends in front of the car, not obstructing factory looks. Unfortunately, mufflers don't. Maybe black ones would attract less unneeded attention

Strapped it on the dyno.

-First pass @14psi was 508whp uncorrected spinning to 7200rpm
-Second pass was @17psi and made 575whp uncorrected spinning to 7500rpm
-Third pass was really rich AFR (10.1 LOL) so we rescaled the fuel and loaded the map
-Fourth pass.....loud knocking noise as soon as I fired it up, immediate thought was probably the loudest rod knock Id ever heard, turns out this noisy t56 magnum that's been a lemon since brand new finally lunched the counter shaft. $3000usd paperweight at the moment. Engine is good and it's just the transmission at this point. Still sucks though, I'll pull it out next week and see what needs to be replaced

AT400 would make it 2 seconds faster and more consistent . I have TKO 600 in another turbo V8.. Manuals are tricky at consistent 1/4 times