5.2L Stroker

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes I have an AEM and Mitch P. will be doing this project very soon. I still need to fabricate few other things before the M112 can run. It is physically installed but still need other misc parts. I was hoping to run it in NA form for a while and than M112 but NA couldnt manage by the stock ecu, so I am moving to the next step. M112 with AEM.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
still alot to do. However for the M112 to be fitted into the LS400. You will need to do the following:

* Shave the bottom portion off the M112
* Remove three vacuum bungs from the rear of the M112
* Re-route the main harness behind the heater hoses and remove the harness plastic cover.

Ok,

Got some updates. I have been very busy with my work. I guess busy is good. I got the block plates installed today along with plugging up some of the outlet behind the M112. If you plan to install the M112 into a Lexus.. u need to remove those vacuum outlet behind the charger. They would hit the back. You will need 2 1/8" NPT and one 3/8" npt to plug up the holes.

I also took my TB plates to be welded up and installed the TB. I also install 8 315 cc injectors. Everything fits like a glove but i would need a custom fuel line bridge. What I need to do next:

* Get a Ford Cobra TB Gasket
* Get a Lexus TB Gasket
* Custom make a gasket for the manifold and the M112
* Make an intake pipe
* TB cable mounting
* Re-route the serpentine belt
* Wiring the AEM
* CROSSING FINGERS...

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 37
Round 2

Some more pictures of the charge installed with injectors....

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 20
Looks great David. Nothing but little steps left. When you get to the belt sizing, you might also consider a tensioner brace to keep the belt from jumping. Just make a small L bracket, drill/tap a hole for an adjuster bolt and torque it against the tensioner until stout. I snapped 3 brand new belts at $35 a piece because of the exploitable tensioner slack. Awesome progress.

Another easy way around it is to size a belt that barely fits over the last pulley w/ all tensioner slack taken up.

Thanks John,

Been so busy at work. Not sure why.. the economy is not doing so good but my business is very very busy. I need to order some 90 degree elbows to finish off the intake pipe and getting fitting for the fuel rails. Today was a good progress.

Got the pipe back from the paint shop and ordered two transitional silicons. Here are some pictures. Still waiting for the Cobra Upper manifold gasket and TB gasket...

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 24
Great progress, who make the tb adapter? It seems like you enjoy adding power to both teh sc and the ls, is there much of a handling difference, having had both cars with coilovers?

I own both with full suspensions and I tend to use them for different occasions. The LS with coilovers and a rear swaybar is a VERY stable vehicle on the freeway, 120mph lane changes are cake, with very little body roll. LS has a better drag coeffecient at 0.29 whereas the SC has 0.32/0.31(without wing) so I naturally gravitate towards LS for long distances. The SC is my daily driver, which tends to be a little on the stiff side for freeway use so it tends to get the most abuse. Both cars have potential but the biggest weakensses IMO are the Open diffs. They just suck, what can i say?

What about low speed handling, i just imagined the sc would have a big edge? Reason i'm curious is I've always hated how heavy my sc, buti recently discovered how affordable 01ish jag xjr's are with a stock m112 blower and aftercooler, but they weigh 4100 pounds, an ls is around that weight so that's why i ask you the difference between the two.

I own both with full suspensions and I tend to use them for different occasions. The LS with coilovers and a rear swaybar is a VERY stable vehicle on the freeway, 120mph lane changes are cake, with very little body roll. LS has a better drag coeffecient at 0.29 whereas the SC has 0.32/0.31(without wing) so I naturally gravitate towards LS for long distances. The SC is my daily driver, which tends to be a little on the stiff side for freeway use so it tends to get the most abuse. Both cars have potential but the biggest weakensses IMO are the Open diffs. They just suck, what can i say?

Sorry for thread jacking guys, just answering a Q:

Older jag's are very high maintanence but I do like the twin intercooled jag m112 setup, very cool from a stock perspective.

What about low speed handling
The SC, hands down. Shorter wheel base and less weight make it much more nimble. My daily sc is completely stripped, single racing seat, and I have mine down to 3100lb and I love the way it handles even with the open diff. The sc's 3600lb curb weight can be offset by replacing w/ poly bushings + coilovers + sway bar set and a LSD. Most serious SC/soarer builds I come across are severely stripped out, taking the minimalist approach to heart. If your serious about making it handle better, keep the speaker box out of the trunk and strip what you dont need.

Thanks for the reply, i knew their must be significant difference with a 400-500 pound weight difference, i think it would be hard for me to go any heavier, even with a supercharger and 135 hp more stock, ah! BTW 95 and up jags are ford and its the 98-00 v-8 with the nikasil bores and crappy timing chain tensioners. The 01' has the new bores and 2nd generation tensioners (still plastic), that can easily be replaced with metal 3rd gen tensioners.

Sorry for thread jacking guys, just answering a Q:

Older jag's are very high maintanence but I do like the twin intercooled jag m112 setup, very cool from a stock perspective.

The SC, hands down. Shorter wheel base and less weight make it much more nimble. My daily sc is completely stripped, single racing seat, and I have mine down to 3100lb and I love the way it handles even with the open diff. The sc's 3600lb curb weight can be offset by replacing w/ poly bushings + coilovers + sway bar set and a LSD. Most serious SC/soarer builds I come across are severely stripped out, taking the minimalist approach to heart. If your serious about making it handle better, keep the speaker box out of the trunk and strip what you dont need.

Update

Got the manifold gasket for the M112 but it is useless because the charger would machined and it is too short for the standard cobra manifold gasket. So I use a very light layer of silicone. Parts are installed and now i am working on the belt. I finally come to the conclusion that I will need an extra idler pulley. So I can always rely on Toyota parts. I use a timing belt tensioner pulley. With 1.5" spacer it is a perfect fit. Now i need a 5.75" 8mm bolt. Something like this http://www.mcmaster.com/#cap-screws/=981z8a

Things to do:
* Finish up the TB cables
* Serpentine Belt
* Radiator return hose
* Wiring
* Fire it up
* Tuning

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Great, you are very close. Very excited to see the results, show us some pics and how to do the tb cables.

Got the manifold gasket for the M112 but it is useless because the charger would machined and it is too short for the standard cobra manifold gasket. So I use a very light layer of silicone. Parts are installed and now i am working on the belt. I finally come to the conclusion that I will need an extra idler pulley. So I can always rely on Toyota parts. I use a timing belt tensioner pulley. With 1.5" spacer it is a perfect fit. Now i need a 5.75" 8mm bolt. Something like this http://www.mcmaster.com/#cap-screws/=981z8a

Things to do:
* Finish up the TB cables
* Serpentine Belt
* Radiator return hose
* Wiring
* Fire it up
* Tuning