5.2L Stroker

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hello Barry,
We finished with one cylinder with the new sleeves and it is very beefy. We should be done with the sleeve installed by the end of this week. In 3-4 weeks we should able to see it turn.

David,
Sounds great. I will be in contact with you. I definately am planning to build a ultimate stroker race engine for my competition drift car as soon as I have enough saved. We'll talk more about it.

I would guess the redline around about 6K rpm. Here is a short at the sleeve we are going to use. Noticed the ridges on the outside of the sleeve. This will add extra strength to the structural intergraty of the sleeve. The stock sleeves doesn't have that feature.

You keep doing more and more, it makes me always question my current path. When is enough enough? I don't need it, I don't need it, I dont need it, oh, who am I kidding, I need it! Ha ha ha, better finish what I got.

Scott,

You are exhibiting normal human behavior. That is the more have, the more you want. What you have is awesome already. Stick with it... and boost.

You keep doing more and more, it makes me always question my current path. When is enough enough? I don't need it, I don't need it, I dont need it, oh, who am I kidding, I need it! Ha ha ha, better finish what I got.
This question is valid. And the answer is presumably valid, too. However, the thought process is if you miss your ride or not by having the car down a little longer...LOL.

sounds dumb, but i keep reading new posts over the years of new engine developments and bits and pieces and cranks and bores and random upgrades etc etc... have i missed the posts with the running engines? seriously not being a smartass, just wondering if ive missed something

Attachments

• crs rear sump balancing in the mx5 bay.jpg
    crs rear sump balancing in the mx5 bay.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 56
  • crs rear sump internal shot.jpg
    crs rear sump internal shot.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 37
  • crs rear sump pick up.jpg
    crs rear sump pick up.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 36
  • crs rear sump.jpg
    crs rear sump.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 40
One point that bothers me with a 5.7 stroker is you've increased the engines need for air by 42% but the inlet side of things will become even more of a restriction.

We're limited as to how big we can make the valves so how are you going to get enough air into the engine?

Assuming we sort out the valves the manifolds were just not built for this sort of airflow.

I'd love a 5.7 but that one point bothers me a lot.

It looks like this is "wet" liners? witch are replacable with out drilling.

Problem on my Lotus is that the"wet" liners go "loose" and vibrate so the headgasked is blowing regulary.But its with open deck and no suport in the top of the liners.

This uz will still have good suport in top because of the closen deck cylinder block.

But I still feel that the best solution is to get liners that are aprox 8/100mm to big so the block needs to get heated up before inserts like the stock liners.

Hi David

Would there be any issues with a sleeved & new pistons only option? Using stock 1UZ rods for the N/A folks or e.g. my existing Carrillo rods for FI. Would give a 4.7L short stroke revvy motor.

Hello Mate,

Yes it is possible just to get the sleeve kit with pistons and use your stock rods or aftermarket rods. With stock crank and rods that will give you very close to 4.7L.