3UZ: How feasible is it to run the factory ECU WITHOUT the factory transmission?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BDG

Hi guys,

Firstly, total rookie here, but i have tried searching.

I want to fit a 3UZ into my S14 by using a Collins adaptor kit and my std SR gearbox. But in the short term, i'd really like to just leave it using the factory ECU...

The engine i would like to buy is available as a running Celsior Front / Half Cut so the Immob issue shouldn't be a headache, BUT

How feasible is it to run the factory ECU WITHOUT the factory transmission?
- If not, possible to get it running on a Microsquirt (asking because i have one at home)?

Thanks in Advance.

I do lots of UZ conversions and lately I haven't bothered taking many photos or putting up posts as they all just blend into being the same now. The 3uz has plenty of little hooks to catch people out.

well there is also a 1991 1UZ available, but as i was hoping for around 350off hp 280-300 whp) i'd reckon the S1 would need some work.

Would this conversion be much easier to sort (at least no DBW). What are these like to run without the tranny?

Hi BDG,

I have a 1UZ which I have converted to a manual. I'm still running the factory ECU. It wasn't very difficult, but I did it a long time ago, and it's not a 3UZ. I don't remember everything I did. I do still have the transmission selector zip tied up under the car, and if I remember correctly it is wire tied in Nuetral rather then Park. Something about the timing or fuel maps do something different. You might have to do a little more research on the forums about this I just dont remember anymore. I might have it backwards, but I'm fairly sure its neutral. I had to trick the ECU into thinking the trans was in neutral. I'm almost postine now that I type this because the dash still displays the big green "N" when I drive.
Other then that, I think the motor ran pretty easy.

Normally, some a/t related trouble codes will set limp mode so the power will be limited.
I got a solution for that , installation is quite easy. Tested on JDM variants of 1uz-fe vvti and 3uz-fe. I plan to have bvefore/after dyno sheets by July 2016

The only exception are JDM ECUs off late 155 body Crown Majesta part codes 89661-3a300, -3a310, -3a320 . These are for 1uz-fe vvti, no security, no power limit with auto trans trouble codes.