3uz-fe engine swap throwing b2799 code

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jgrov2

I'm transplanting a 3uz-fe from 2002 Japanese Celsior into 1996 Australian Toyota Hilux. Wired everything up and she turns over but stops immediately and then wont turn over til I turn ignition off and on again. Checked techstream and its throwing usual codes for missing shifter etc as I'm using manual tranny. Also throwing b2799 code relating to immobilizer. I've got the smart key sitting inside the coil and signal amplifier. That's connected to the steering lock ecu and then to engine ecu. I'm tipping the codes got something to do with either the connections between engine ecu and steering lock ecu or the steering lock ecu is not working properly. The two mpx wires are disconnected as Ive removed most of that system and Ive been told its not needed. The two pink wires in the picture are for the ignition power IG2 and P2SW from shifter position switch which I have earthed. Any other suggestions on how to get past it or what might be causing it to not work.
2NUQFcY.jpg

7wM5LAM.jpg

VH5AU3c.jpg

Attachments

• r_07.pdf
    21 KB · Views: 32
do you know if the multiplex communication wires are required? and if techstream can talk to it without them connected? also should the gear shifter cable P2SW pin 3 be earthed or 12v?

Multiplex wires are not required and you can still communicate with the ECU. I would have to get out of my chair and check my 3uz diagrams on the shifter. I'm pretty sure you can leave the shifter wiring and it should still start.

Ive been running off this diagram

6ez36l9.png

Originally had nothing in pin 2 which i thought was odd and nothing in pin 3. Ive tried adding ignition power but still same issue. Ive checked EFIO and EFII and they seem fine. If there was a flat batt in key or the immobiliser ecu was physically damage, would it throw a different code or more codes?