3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah Justen, but it's still interesting to speculate if it could be done. Why take an easy, proven solution, when it's so much more fun to do it the hard way..... :)

We've had some guys over on another forum trying to recast or modify their SOHC heads to be DOHC for years now. Probably wildly impractical, but still interesting to discuss if you're bored.

Just having a vent, getting a bit tired of dreamers postulating when they haven't even built something relatively simple :rolleyes: Your esteemed self excluded ;)

You've seen the billet block that was made here in Oz haven't you? Same shop is working on billet heads. Not really that hard if you have the gear and the budget :)

Anyways, must be having a grump old man week? :)

I hear you Justen, but sometimes it's the pie in the sky discussions that get the old synapses firing and some really good stuff does come out.

How are the billet heads coming along? Do you know what the valve angles are?

Many years ago (before most Lextremer's were born) I worked for Citibank.

They had this idea that you were permitted to think outside the square and the expression was "let a thousand poopies bloom". My own business (now sold) grew out of a still-born Poppey and I did OK.

Sometimes one of those poppey's produced something worthwhile for the Bank.

3M has its own "skunkworks" that invented things like Velcro and Post it notes!

The Rover community fits Ford Sierra heads to Rover engines and I floated this idea a few years ago of "what else could be made to fit?

If we looked beyond Toyota products you may well be surprised at what you may find.

does anyone have the dimensions of what needed ?
cylinder spacing, bore Dia. etc.
if we know what was needed, maybe an alternate solution could be found

LOL You don't think a TTUZ converted to RWD in a GT4 celica is outside of the box Rod? ;)

I'm a big outside of the box thinker. My beef is with endless discussion of something that will never happen, from dreamers who haven't done anything yet, let alone a highly complex and expensive build.

That is all, and stems from this type of discussion on a number of other 'technical' forums i frequent that have been invaded by keyboard dreamers :( Just happens my vent was written here ;)

In no way shape or form am i against exploring new options. Do you know anyone else building a 11.5:1 turbo UZ to run on E85 at present? ;)

Just for the benefit of the keyboard dreamers, and other bored engineers, here are some bore spacings for other engines, close to ours (105.5mm):

Ferrari 4.3L V8: 104mm

Ford I40, 2.5L I4: 4.17" (106mm)

Most of the Honda data I found showed either 90 or 94mm bore spacing.

Looks like the Ford heads might be an option if someone really wanted to do a head swap the hard way.

And a few more that people might think of and say "What about....."

Cossy BDA: 96mm

Toy 4AGE: 89mm

Zetec: 80.4mm

Duratec: 102mm

Ford heads seem to be closest to ours, if only from a bore spacing perspective.

Ho hum......

From a Shelby Lancer 2.2L Turbo.
I've got about 4 more of these 2.2L out of various Dodge and they are all the same.

I'll get the Honda specs when I get to storage storage.

Attachments

• Shelby Lancer.jpg
    Shelby Lancer.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 9
Most of the Honda data I found showed either 90 or 94mm bore spacing.

Which is why headswapping is so common. There are some pretty radical headswaps out there on Hondas but most of the bore pitch are same. I'll try to get some measurements this weekend if I'm not busy making bushing.

cribb, just curious, where do you find your bore spacing info at? I have been looking for the toyota s series bore spacing, and cant find it. Dont suppose you know?

Brad, you could be in luck. Many have referred to the 3S-GTE as a 2JZ-GTE minus two cylinders because the bore & stroke are the same in the two engines.

Now I don't know squat about 3S-GTE's, but IIRC, the bore spacing on the 2JZ's is 92mm, so it might follow that the 3S family is the same?

Someone correct me if you have better info.

this thread is not about ported heads, its replacing the standard heads with something that doesnt have the scissor drive gear, and has better flow.

Lextreme already does its own cnc heads

Hi.
I have looked at the CNC ported heads from Lextreme BUT these are scratch built not just CNC ported, the heads are NOT refurbishes but brand new, you don't get any better than that for tuning and better flow.

Alan

but they are still based on the 1uzfe head, we are looking for something that has dual cam gears for timing and alot better flow as the 1uzfe heads are rubbish as standard. even with porting they still don't flow as good as alot of heads

Last edited by a moderator: