1uzfe Turbo 350whp - A feasibile Daily Driver? Or just a bad idea?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

I am working on my 1uz MK3 daily driver right now.

I keep going back and forth between how I want to go with this... I want a reliable daily driver in the end.

I figure if I do my own work, adding a turbo setup would not be a lot of extra money (doing it myself of course)...

However, would doing this be a good idea or no? I want about 300-350whp, I want under 10psi of boost...

I was thinking
92-94 1uzfe
Single HX35 or equivalent, internally gated
315cc Supra Injectors (already have)
1g Eclipse BOV (already have)
Forward facing log manifolds
FPR Rising Rate (with boost)
SAFC2

Leaving the rest of the stuff stock.

Opinions?

i think every thing would be fine with that, just account for some money to go in to the piping for intake and exhaust sides along with the oil lines etc...

the only other thing to consider is that you will effect the mileage of your daily driver in doing so.

lmk how this works out for you if you do it. i am kinda local to you, and also have an MKIII supra with a 1uz. i aswell am thinking of doing a turbo set-up, just cant decide wether i want to go twins or single...

lmk how this works out for you if you do it. i am kinda local to you, and also have an MKIII supra with a 1uz. i aswell am thinking of doing a turbo set-up, just cant decide wether i want to go twins or single...

Hahaha, small world. I know about you. I pm'd you on TR, your pm is disabled here.

Attachments

• 26112008.jpg
    26112008.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 58
300-350 rwhp daily driver sounds like a good idea with reliability, if you want to leave the engine completely stock with old stock head gaskets, bolts...etc. More power means more problems.

I don't know about that turbo, so if it can handle that power, then use it. Many turbo with large compressor can handle a lot of power on small engines, but they'll choke with bigger engine at less power. The reason is an efficient turbo will need to be big enough on the turbine side, too. Otherwise, backpressure will be increased along with loss of power and turbo lag. Small turbine housing will choke big displacement engine. I wouldn't use any T3 turbine inlet for the 1UZ.

The injectors that you have there are good for that power along with the adjustable FPR. But I don't think you want to go over 350 rwhp with that injector size. You'll also need 255 lph hi pressure hi flow fuel pump such as the Walbro.

I think the SAFC is fine, if it's tuned by a good tuner who knows how to trick the stock ECU not to relearn it. Another way to get around this issue is to buy 2 O2 sensor simulators. These will trick the ECU and let it know everything is ok.