1UZFE Physical Dimensions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I got these pictures from a forum. I want to give all the credit for the person who did all the measurements. I heard that person is from in Norwegen.

Attachments

• 1uzfe_front_photo_measurement.jpg
    1uzfe_front_photo_measurement.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 427
  • 1uzfe_side_photo_measurement.jpg
    1uzfe_side_photo_measurement.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lextreme,

Those are mine, though I'm not from norway,
I've been build by mum and dad in Holland Europe.

I wanted to post them again but there's no need to I see. My websites surfer died on me so ehe website is offline

though here's the dimensions on the renault un1 box I would be using havent I found a G50

anyway plenty more measurements to take when I get my hands on more engines though. would love these for the century V12

Regards Thomas Rouw

have you finished your project
with the un1, I am fixing to start one
I haven't done any research yet so
any help I would appreciate
Thanks
Tony

Hey Tony

not even started for real , at least not on the car yet, been busy building a twin supercharger system for the 1uzfe.

anyway what do you want to know about these?

grtz Thomas

Thomas,

wana drop a 1Uz on my 1994 lotus esprit S4 wich
already has a renault Un1 box, is there a adapter plate
to mate them togeather, flywheel ,clutch kits , I am
new to this so any info will be very helpfull

thanx
tony

Yep Dave short at countess mouldings in new Zland has these availeble at very reasonable money, it uses standard cheap but strong nissan clutch parts.

we (non commercial) are manufacturing our own at the moment for Midtec Spider (a lee Noble desing) running a 1uz and Un1 which should do about 300hp on about 550kilograms.... hmmm,
the cost to build such is about the same as Dave Short asks for a kit, but since we're based in holland postal charge sort of multiply's the cost.

how much power are you going to run on the box?

grtz Thomas

that will be fun all that power on very litlle weght
i was pushin 340whp out of the 4cyl lotus engine
no problem with the gearbox exept clutch this the
third lotus clutch went bad, took the engine out
to to clean it up my friend gave me an uz1 engine
for free and the idea of the swap
I am hoping to push around 550hp turo or supercharged

The esprit box is stronger than the renault one, but would still seriously doubt that 550 superchargerd would let the box stay in one piece. we're talking some serious torque here. maybe go for a low boost high rev set-up on this one.

Bell performance(uk) has some nice upgrades for the renault boxes but I don't think they all fit the esprit box.

The esprit has recieved modifications from lotus in the diff and that's the one part that seems to never go in a renault box, it's the overhung 5th gear at the end of the box that simply breakes off (the shaft snaps) after that the input shaft goes at the point where it enters the boxcase, (at well over 400hp Big displacement chevy power that is) though I think that the esprit box also had an uprated inputshaft but not sure.

anyway if you stay clear from doing very high top speeds in 5th gear it will hold up for a very long time.

Grtz Thomas

Another Box measured up.

it's a porsche G50-03 from a 964 chassis 911 3.6L NA without LSD

the splined piece of the input shaft is a few mm shorter than the end off the bellhousing face, so the aera the spigot bearing slides over protudes about 5mm inside the bellhousing,
the stock flexplate does not fit inside the bellhousing, so the starter position of the 1uz can most likeley not be used.

might be usefull to someone

Grtz Thomas

Thomas, would you happen to know what the dimension is from the gearbox facing to the center of the rear bolts on the engine mounts for the 1UZ is? Also, the dimension from one engine mount area to the other on the 1UZ block (not bolt to bolt on an actual mount, but the flush part of the block where the metal mount part bolts on). Thanks for supplying all of the other dimensions and pictures! --Mike

Hmm interesting thing to measure up.

I do not have the engine at hand right now, Will try and awnser what you asked,

just to be sure,
1)You want the distance from Bellhousing face to the center of the rear most boltholes in the engine mounts?
2)the width of the engine inbetween the mount faces? as in measured through the engine? hmmm need to make a measuring jig to do that, but nice experiment to get right. I asume you also need the angle of the faces towards the vertical center line of the engine? (ie single and combined angle of the 2)

can you confirm these two? I'll measure them up asap.

would you by any chance be putting this into CAD?

Grtz Thomas

Hmm interesting thing to measure up.

I do not have the engine at hand right now, Will try and awnser what you asked,

just to be sure,
1)You want the distance from Bellhousing face to the center of the rear most boltholes in the engine mounts?

This is correct. Either to the rear most holes or the front most holes. Just need a reference to work from since I can build up the face of the mount itself but do not know where to position it spatially on the block. Which brings up another question, do you have the measurements from the bottom of the oil pan at deepest and/or shallowest to the bottom most mounting holes or top most holes?

2)the width of the engine inbetween the mount faces? as in measured through the engine? hmmm need to make a measuring jig to do that, but nice experiment to get right. I asume you also need the angle of the faces towards the vertical center line of the engine? (ie single and combined angle of the 2)

can you confirm these two? I'll measure them up asap.

would you by any chance be putting this into CAD?

Grtz Thomas

Angle of the faces is 45 degrees (+/- 2) at the face on the block for the mount. However, I need the distance between the faces, through the block as you say, either at the top most mounting holes or the bottom most mounting holes (or the center between the top and bottom holes, again the plate can easily be drawn but positioning is the key). I was thinking of building a very large set of calipers out of wood or PVC stock and hardware to do it :)

A friend is drawing up a "block" and "sub-frame" with distances related to mounting the engine within an MkIII body, specifically the pre-89 bodies since they had a different sub-frame. I have most of the measurements from the sub-frame which I think he needs and will be working on taking measurements from the center of the transmission mount (R154) forward to the bell housing face at the engine. I still need to take a measure from the center of the transmission mount forward to the centerline of the mounting hardware on the sub-frame as well. These measurements should give him enough to work off of in SolidWorks in order to come up with a basic drawing which can be used to model up the engine mounts which would attach the engine to the rubber mounts which attach to the sub-frame.

Thanks for the questions and I hope I clarified everything. If not, do not hesitate to post more questions or PM me.

Cheers, Mike

Hey Mike,

I think I have them covvered,

the distance from flange to top mountening hole is 25.5cm
the distance from sump bottom to top mountening hole 29cm
the distance through the engine from top hole to top hole is a surprizingly low 39cm (making a caliper was a good idea!)

I've also updated the drawings with these measurements for ease you could print them and put them on the wall of the workshop

good luck with the project,

ps do I read you're name as in "Mili - SAKER - acing" as in the south african Saker LMP, or is it just a nick and do you stick to supra's?

Hey Mike,

I think I have them covvered,

the distance from flange to top mountening hole is 25.5cm
the distance from sump bottom to top mountening hole 29cm
the distance through the engine from top hole to top hole is a surprizingly low 39cm (making a caliper was a good idea!)

I've also updated the drawings with these measurements for ease you could print them and put them on the wall of the workshop

good luck with the project,

ps do I read you're name as in "Mili - SAKER - acing" as in the south african Saker LMP, or is it just a nick and do you stick to supra's?

Thanks for the quick turnaround on these measurements Thomas!! No, my screen name, milisakeracing, is Milisake Racing, and Milisake is actually my wife's name and my name mashed together (Mike and Lisa). Just sticking to Supras for the moment. Cheers, Mike