1uzfe knocking

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
For that to happen the rod would need to be bent to shorten the distance between the counterweight and the piston?
That's exactly what happened, it bent (as per picture) far enough to just scrape causing it to lock when turned slowly, and rattle when running.
We're not sure whether to try to replace the damaged rod with a good second hand one, or just get another motor(or a car, that's how we got this motor).
We are seeking advice on what other people would do in this situation. Thanks in advance people.

Given the cost of gaskets and the odds of getting another rod and piston with rings that is the same weight as your other 7 (impossible to tell without a full strip and balance) I'd go with a replacement engine.

If you get a dressed engine you could always sell off the unwanted accessories or keep them as spares.

A few years ago I purchased a Soarer engine for $600.00 without any engine accessories but with ECU and AFM, as I had my own, and it's been a good engine.

A set of head gaskets will set you back the best part of $300.00.

Given the cost of gaskets and the odds of getting another rod and piston with rings that is the same weight as your other 7 (impossible to tell without a full strip and balance) I'd go with a replacement engine.

If you get a dressed engine you could always sell off the unwanted accessories or keep them as spares.

A few years ago I purchased a Soarer engine for $600.00 without any engine accessories but with ECU and AFM, as I had my own, and it's been a good engine.

interesting,
I am paying about 40 australien for 2 cylinder head gaskets