1UZFE into Skyline

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chodjinn_mk2

Hello all,

I'm currently building a road legal track car using a bare R32 Skyline shell. I've bought a 1991 LS400 complete car, and planning on fitting the V8 with factory ECU, next thing on my shopping list is a manual conversion (BMW).

Now, mechanically etc. I'm fine, but when it comes to wiring I lose my head.

I was thinking, the simplest way would be to transpose the entire wiring loom into the skyline, and try to get the engine running as is.

Later I can chop the loom down from things I don't need e.g. electric windows etc. and try to adapt the lexus loom . I've found a lot of info about wiring the V8 up to existing looms, but not really complete swaps into bare shells.

For the car loom I will essentially only need lights, wiper, and basic heater (using small aftermarket heater unit). Will be running dual external fuel pumps on their own separately fused/relayed loom.

Any advice?? I'd like to keep this simple if possible!

don't do it
ive worked on an s13 with a 1uz and it might be different but there is much less work
and more power using a Nissan motor

I think you won't like the power output of a 1UZ, especially if it's non-vvti one. While a turbo RB/JZ has more potential for relatively cheap increase of power to say 350ish hp at crank. That's not the case with 1UZ however.

As stated I already have the LS400 as I wanted a V8, not RB/JZ - the whole car cost less than a basic rb. If I want more power down the line then it's not so much of a problem with a UZ, I'll just chuck a turbo on. In the meantime, any advice as per OT for wiring would be appreciated.

Last edited:
consult your wiring diagram , get a multimeter and power up injectors and igniters. Don't forget to earth the igniters and engine block thoroughly.
power up +B pin in the diag.connector, this will in turn power up the O2s, ISC and MAF
then supply +12V to BATT, +B, IGSW pins of ECU and you're done, crank it and it will start