1uzfe 92 ls400 ECU power up and run

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bollox

Hello, all, I'm currently putting a 1UZ in a RA42 Celica, I have a US LS400 1992 4 plug ECU, can anybody help with what wire etc or pin outs I need to get the stock ECU to run the engine?

Also what can I remove from the ECU loom and still be sucsessfull, Trans wiring? do I need the neutral/park wires to be shorted or can I remove the entire trans section from the loom.

I have tried search but cant find specific US LS400 ECU wiring.

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

OK Guys I have started trying to figure out where all the wire go and what they do, so far i have managed to power up the ECU and the igniters, coil pack etc but I'm struggling to understand the final plug.

DSCF0844-1.jpg
DSCF0845-1.jpg
DSCF0846-1.jpg
DSCF0847-1.jpg
DSCF0848-1.jpg
DSCF0843-2.jpg

Here are some photos of the set up so far.

hi there Bollox

Fortunately for you.. i have the same ECU pinouts as you but i guess you can pretty much figure out everything for the rest of the toyotas after you're done reading with the wire colors,pinouts etc of your engine.. my last 26 pin connector was missing but i still manage to start it up with the help of Tonyd and a few here..

the grey connector which you're holding with cut wires is one of the two square shaped connectors. Lets make 4 ECU connectors ,2 square Grey and a white connector with some green and red etc wires..

The grey connector which you're holding,
1)big black wire .for starter motor feed +
2)Big Black/orange .12 volts for igniter/coils ,injectors + feed
3)Small black/orange .IGSW +feed
4) 2 Black/RED . to ECU +B, + feed

The second Grey connector which you're not holding,
1) search for the tiny Black/white wire which is for the NSW and feed it with a + .wire that to your Ignition switch too..

and make sure you ground your igniter unit and don't squirt oil into your cylinders and make sure you inspect your spark plugs before starting..

if you still don't get it ..send me your email address...

ooh ya

there's this 2 brown wires on the 22 pin ECU plug. make sure you ground them.it's for the injector ground.
after you've started your engine. make sure your engine have excessive vibration after you pull out each plug wires .if it doesn't, check for spark and also check whether your injectors are working . to test injectors feed them with a + and a - with a bulb in between one of the wires. and avoid touching its terminals too long. it may burn its windings.knock them slightly sideways on the ground if you can't hear a click from the battery feed.

WOW thank you I will tackle this ASAP, and hope to hear the old girl sing.

Thanks for your time I will update as soon as I have concluded the steps you mentioned.

the browns on the 22 pin plug should already be connected to the motor block they are earths for the whole ecu
u wont burn injectors out
i always jump start them with direct 12v and pulse them on and off for afew seconds
ive had motors where it takes 20 mins to get inectors clicking
some motors ive had to quickly put 24v down really gets them clicking heheeh

Hi there Sideshow

Oh is it? I did check the brown wires before and just one of it had ground. so i wire them together .. i wonder what was wrong with another brown wire.. i did grounded every available traces of engine harness ground but that particular brown wire don't have continuity for either of every ground wires.. i will check if there's an open in that wire .. thanks for the info sideshow ..

Thank you to all concerned, now I'm figuring out how to get enough power to the ECU, using the old emission control box can only supply enough for the ECU and sundry items the ignitors/coils will need a new feed from the main fusebox I think? anybody got ideas?

Yep.. On the ignitor plugs both are 5 pin plugs. One has 4 wires going into it and the other 5. Trace the extra wire on the second plug and that is your tach wire which runs a 4cyl pulse. They're generally a black wire and in Toyotas wisdom the trace on that wire can and does change from year to year

Bollox btw when looking for tacho wire off igniter make sure both igniters are firmly grounded. Unlike newer igniters those don't have negative supply wire connected to them.