1uz vvti drive by wire

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mossy1

So I'm looking at an NA mx5 1uz vvti project within the next 12 months or so (need to get the 240z sorted first) and was wondering if DBW can be deleted on the factory ecu to run a cable setup. It cant be a standalone as it has to be enginered with the factory ecu. I'll be running a W58 manual as well.

Also I've seen there are a lot of wiring diagrams on here for the motors, I'd like to try and do this myself but really not sure if a novice should or could attempt it, I'll admit I don't know much when it comes to electronics. I did a lot of the work myself when I restored my 240z but I guess thats totally different to electronics.

Ive read mixed reviews about how well they work and being as the mx5 has a cable throttle I thought it would be easier to leave it there rather than go about changing pedal assemblies.

The 1uz VVti still runs a throttle cable with the Accelerator position sensor found on the throttle body itself so no need to change the pedal assembly. I've only done about 60-70 1uz VVti conversions with nearly all of them running the stock DBW. I've played with ones that the customers have tried to remove the DBW on the stock ECU and have converted them bad to stock as they had major management issues without the correct accelerator position inputs. I have managed to swap different accelerator position sensors onto the 3uz which run a full DBW with separate pedal without issue.

Ah ok, I thought the whole pedal assembly from the car the motor came out of would have to be installed as well. If there's issues when dbw is removed on the factory ECU I'll steer clear of playing with it.