Video 1uz swap for Conquest TSi Starion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ahhh that is nice. That engine is a perfect replacement for the 2.7L turbo. I had one and I did 168 (indicated) once on the way to Vegas. That turbo really pushed it good after 30mph. None of my friends could keep up. Of course cars nowadays are a lot faster from the factory but back then it was one of the fastest and it had 16's, wooty!

I have never seen one even close to the condition that mine was in. I would still have it today if I didn't get so much for it. :happysad: I would love to have one with the 1UZ under the hood.

I put a ton of miles on this car... of course that is back when I was just out of high school and people thought fuel was expensive at $1.25 a gallon in 1996!!

fwf_conquest.jpg

Here is a pretty damn fast Starion here. The turbo sounds like he's putting out over 200 at the wheels too. Hmm a 1UZ would probably be about the same speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its a lot of time and work to put that 1UZ in a Starion/Conquest that's for sure. You have to be really committed to that project. I think it would be awesome except the factory camber of the tires on that car guarantee that you burn through tires in 12K miles. At least my Tsi was set that way and couldn't be changed. Plus the car is a little small on the inside and I would have liked the seats to roll back a couple more inches. If you have a good car to begin with I would go ahead with the swap. Although you could get an older 240z or MGB to use for a vehicle and you won't ever have to worry about any emissions with those...

i dont have to pass smog here!! i have a few cars sitting around. and dont wanna spend any money on another car, wife says i have to many now. so it goes in the quest, should be little trouble to put in should fit nice here is a few pics before i got started

PIC-0117.jpgPIC-0121.jpg

Attachments

• PIC-0117.jpg
    PIC-0117.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2
hi ls1rx7, Awesome car i have one tucked up warm in the back of the garage owned it since 1990, can't be convinced to sell it, its now part of the family lol ,i converted it from a 2l turbo auto to a 2.6 turbo manual, used to race it around cones in Motokarnas did really well in it, nothing like rear wheel drive for hand brake turns,i did 140,000 km in it never had a problem with tyres or tyre wear. Been tempted also to drop my spare 1uz in it, are ther any problems getting a 1uz to fit that you know of, does it need to be rear or front sump.I wrecked a crashed soarer and have all the bits like radiator etc is it a hard conversion.Mine is RHD

Regards
Lambo

have not test fitted yet it should go in easy on my us spec the power sterring is on the same side as the lex, front stump should fit well you can change a rear stump to front stump with a few parts