1UZ swap into 4wd 95 T100

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

95t-100

Hello, I’m a new member here looking for information to swap a 1UZ into my 95 T100. My T100 has a 5VZ with A340F trans. What would be the most ideal donor car for the swap? Would converting a A340E trans to 4wd be the simplest route?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure a simple bellhousing swap would be all that is needed.

You may find the need to swap the torque converters over but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't seen it done.

The 1uz vvti most often comes with an A650 5 speed which Ive swapped to 4x4 a couple odmf times. I have a video of a isuzu v-cross on my youtube channel with that setup. Theres some photos on here to if you search right. There are a couple of model numbers of vvti with the 4 speed trans but quite rare - well over here anyway. I have done them using the stock vehicle trans with front clutch pack and input shaft swapped so there is correct penetration on the torque converter, different models have different length shafts too just for fun then i wire the vvti as a manual and use stock ecu from vehicle as the ect. Or i use one of my manual shift boxes( youtube video CartuneNZ) if the vehicle spends most of its time offroad. Or i did one recently with aftermarket ecu for engine and stock ecu as ect. There are also aftermarket ect units too allowing full control of trans. Cheers

Thank you for the replies & info! From the research I have done, it appears I have 4 options (let me know if I am wrong on any of this). I have them in order from what I feel is the best option to the least desirable option:

1. Use the Lexus A340E trans: I can switch the output shaft from the T100 A340F transmission into the Lexus A340E trans (or cut the output shaft on the A340E shorter) & then bolt the A340F tailhousing to the A340E (may require drilling & tapping for one mounting bolt). Then I can bolt on the T100 t-case. This way all of the wiring for the trans is already figured out & I don't have to buy any adapters or a new t-case.

2. Keep the T-100 A340F trans: I can use the A340F trans in my T100 by using the bell housing & torque converter from the Lexus. I have been told that the input shafts may be different lengths & require swapping & I would need to use the oil pump from the Lexus trans. Since the T100 A340F has 2 less solenoids than the Lexus A340E, I will need to figure that out. I also need to add a speed sensor to my A340F trans.

3. Use Lexus A340E trans w/ t-case adapter: I can use the Lexus A340E trans with an inchworm prerunner adapter & be able to bolt up a gear driven t-case.

4. Use Lexus A340E w/ Aw4 tailhousing: I can replace the A340E tailhousing & output shaft with an AW4 tailhousing & output shaft from a Jeep Cherokee. This would let me bolt up a dana 300 t-case from a CJ5 using a clocking ring.

I originally wanted to use the VVTI engine for the extra power, but if it is harder to wire, then I would rather go with the non-VVTI. I am mechanically inclined, but this is my first engine swap with a computer controlled engine (instead of a carburetor) & wiring is not my favorite thing to do. A stock non-VVTI engine will still be a big upgrade from my current 5VZ engine.

I am still in the planning phase of this swap & have yet to purchase a donor vehicle for the 1UZ. If I am after a non-VVTI engine, then I believe the LS400, GS400 & SC400 between years 89-94 would be the best donor vehicles, correct?

My goal is to accomplish this with the least amount of wiring headache & without having to source a ton of different parts from different vehicles as I live in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas USA & it is hard to find parts out here!

Thank you to this site & its members for the info, most of my research has brought me to this site which is why I decided to join! Here is a pic. of my T-100

43319875_733011307042539_6826208513870528512_n.jpg

Last edited:
UCF20 is my pick of donor as the wiring is easier I think. I prefer 1uz trans and made a kit to allow correct oil flow to rear bearing when mounting transfer case to them. I'm yet to do a video on that. I also have a vehicle here running the stock trans and 1uz 20 series wired as manual. It will feature in a video when I get to it. There is lots of misinformation out there on autos and conversions.

Thank you for the model info. gloverman, that’s exactly what I was looking for. I’m interested to hear about your kit for the oil flow to the rear bearing since I would like to use the Lexus trans if possible. I look forward to seeing your videos! Also, is any of the info. I posted above incorrect? I gathered this info from online searches & talking with a place that sells swap parts but if anything is incorrect I’d like to fix it so I don’t repeat bad info. Thanks!

Last edited: