1UZ MAF body filled outlet?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mat Grant

Hi all,

I'm building up my intake, and have got a silicone hose to go from the MAF body to the throttle body inlet. I had planned to fit a sealed 16mm take off to connect to the idle speed control.

But looking at the MAF body, there is a shaped section on the side, low down on the side facing the engine - circular and about 16mm in diameter. It is blanked off. I can post photos if it helps.

My question is - if this was opened up and a 16mm aluminium pipe fitted, it is in the perfect location to be connected to the idle speed control pipe. Would this work for getting my idle speed control hooked up?

Has anyone ever used this? Looking at the MAF body there is a horizontal section separating the upper and lower half of the body, the upper has the MAF wire, the lower has this fitting - so would it's flow be measured by the MAF wire, as there is a spearate path by which air can go to the idel speed without going past the MAF wire, through the air path under the horizontal separating the two sections in the MAF body.

Any comments of suggestions welcome - I don't have to do it as I have the fitting to allow connection via the slicon hose, downstream of the MAF if I can't do it the above way.

Thanks, Mat.