1uz lose power on transmission change

Discussion in 'Swap, Conversion, Transplant, Specialty Vehicles &' started by odelarosa, May 4, 2018.

1. odelarosa

odelarosa New Member

Programmer
    Hello, sorry for my bad english, i am from Dominican Republic and i have a Toyota Altezza with a recently installed 1UZ VVT-I and the problem is that my car and my friend's car not have enough power, we haved test a Toyota Cressida with a 1uz NON VVT-I in drift and the engine respond very well, but the vvt-i model doesn't, we have a w58 transmision (5 speeds), we have a good diferencial, we scan the car and only have transmission error codes, the problem is when we goin in 3 gear the car just slow down, we dont know why the engine do this.

i have the front abs sensor for speed signal to the ecu, with TorqueApp on android i see that the ecu recive the speed signal but the engine not respond very well.

another things i can't control idle rpm, engine have a very low rpm, i cean the throttle but i have the same problem.

So, i have to connect or disconnect something from ecu? some sensor or clean something in the engine?

2. gloverman

gloverman Well-Known Member

mechanic
    Flick me a pm and I'll see if I can help out. I've only done a few 1uz vvti now, maybe 60 or 70. Haha.

galooph likes this.