1uz into ford pop

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lexuspopbloke

Hi all from the Toon (Newcastle uk )
am new to this forum so please be gentle with me .
I have just bought a ls400 1993 that came to me for the right price ,just bought it for the engine to put in my 1955 ford 100e.which I have just converted to turbo diesel ,took me ages to do but the grunt of the v8 was just to good to resist so oot with the diesel and in with the v8
just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up of what to do or not to do while dismantling the Lexus , not sure what part of the harness I will need and do these cars have an ecu for the gearbox.
thinking of just using the engine auto box and standard ecu and harness, any help will be great :D

DSC_047344.jpg
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG

Welcome aboard! My brother lives up in Newcastle, but I'm nearer Newcastle-under-Lyme :)

@gloverman has some excellent wiring instructions and engine prep guides that he sells. Certainly worth looking at.

I've got the engine and gearbox out of my LS400, so not much further ahead than you!

thanks for that gloverman info galooph

"I've got the engine and gearbox out of my LS400, so not much further ahead than you!"
I can still rev the crap out of mine ...ahh the grin factor is great, I had a crappy day at work the other day ,so came home and had a good rev of the lexus and suddenly I felt all better hehe.
any chance you can tell me the dimention of engine at the widest point with zorst manifolds on , not even sure at this point if engine will fit between the chassis rails.
thanks

any chance you can tell me the dimention of engine at the widest point with zorst manifolds on , not even sure at this point if engine will fit between the chassis rails.
thanks

Sure, I'll have a measure up. Probably won't get down to the workshop until Monday, though.

Dan

nice one cheers chap , nice clear pic with the measurements thanks , I have a week off work inbetween crimbo so going to get the lump out then.
just wondering what I need loom and ecu wise from the 1993 lexus donor , (can I sell the ignition barrel and key or is it needed for the built , just trying to sell a few bits to recoup a few quid back from the cost of the donor car )
a little while ago I bought a ford scopio v6 24 valve (bob) but did not research it before I bought it then found out I had bought the model with the key linked to the ecu,
turns oot I should have bought the pre 1993 without the key linked , so changed plans and fitted the turbo diesel.
I done the same with the lexus just herd it running and had to have it...doh! it`s going in one way or another weather it likes it or not ha!

Welcome!
I am not too far from you (Darlington), I put a 1UZ into a TR7 a few years back:

6DFF0BF4-A879-4B84-82FC-7DB5F1E3DD6B.jpg

However it runs using mega-squirt ecu and manual R154 gearbox with Corsa power steering (hence Corsa key) so not a lot of help to you!

Welcome!
I am not too far from you (Darlington), I put a 1UZ into a TR7 a few years back:

However it runs using mega-squirt ecu and manual R154 gearbox with Corsa power steering (hence Corsa key) so not a lot of help to you!

nice one that looks a neat install , do you still own the car maybe could pop in one day n have a gander , to be honest I have a guy you may know helping me with install / doing it for me really from darlo (Ian wally).
I had a sweet triumph dolly a couple of yours ago and now kicking mysell I sold it was going to v8 that but never got round to it,
managed to get the engine out yesterday and most of the harness

Yes I still have it, I will never sell it! It's my first attempt at restoring a car and I have put waaay too much time into it (I had to learn how to weld/paint/wire etc. so it has been quite absorbing), plus it will never exactly be finished as there are always things to improve/play with. I have three more 7's in various states of repair and three v8 engines (Rover, another 1uz, and a SBChevy) so should manage to keep myself busy for a year or three! I have heard the name but don't think I know him, but will ask around I am sure one of my mates will.

I know the feeling , I have another pop that is finished but as you say are they ever finished there is all ways something to improve on,
also have a singer vogue (Hillman hunter shape) turbo diesel .I know where there is a 7 parked up never gets used will ask if it`s for sale next time I pass it.
Ian is the guy with the mk2 Cortina with I think a big block v8 and a turbo the size of a dust bin lid it goes like sh1t off a chrome shovel