1UZ-FE/w58 into an Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Update, third engine on the engine stand yesterday and come to start time, zip, nothing, buggerall ! Starter motor is U/S !
Off with the upper plenum-not such a pain as its made out to be here- and off with the lower-this one neither !

Took out a very corroded ally starter from the v, its been submerged in water for a very long time. Will have it swapped out tomorrow.
I could not get the 2001 year model engine as planned but did settle on a 1991 model again. Cam belt and Aux. belt looked very "new" and all the tensioner`s are noiseless and free.It just looked very good, hope it is good on the inside as well.

I AM LOVING THIS PROJECT !! Just recieved the Howe slave and bearing from Summit Racing, like a shilling in a sheeps ass ! Made for the W58 box.

Yup, seven days and its here. Started the engine tonight after fitting the new starter. Rather disappointed as its as rough as a bears ass.
Missing and spluttering like crazy, changed plugs and it was worse . Using a resistor plug , want to measure total impedance to see if she needs a non resistor plug instead. I think it may all be to much resistance and killing the spark.
*big sigh *

New plugs, exactly the same. Pull the dizzy caps off and both rotors are broken. Ordered new caps and rotors today, will fit them all tomorrow. Im hoping that sorts out the misfiring and spluttering.

Anybody still interested in this thread ? Its just the ramblings of my engine conversion and the trails and tribulations as I progress..

Awesome! Slowly slowly catchy monkey....

When all's said and done I'll happily take any spare UZ stuff from you please ;)

Attachments

• lexus4.jpg
    lexus4.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 38
  • lexus 1.jpg
    lexus 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 31
  • lexus 3.jpg
    lexus 3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 33
Was there any reason you didn't use the Alfa transaxle?

I once had one in a mid engined vehicle with a 4.4litre V8 in front of it.

It seemed to hold up well.

This would make the rear axle/suspension so much easier and save chopping up the floor.

The tx axles are mostly all worn in the syncro dept. These just are not available anymore and really dont last.The first to second change is also terrible , I have always wanted the feel and quickness of a Jap box.Have done many front box convertions for clients here using the good ol` BMW Getrag box. Never built one for myself. A good example of the "barefoot cobbler " here.
I usually use the Alfa Six Sedan diff which is a bolt in but not here. Its very heavy and has masses of cast iron, not what I want for this project.
A good old BMW 540 diff would be my first choice but it seems it will be an E46 330 diff so far.

Toybox, noted bud.:)

Mmm, not at the mo, sorry.Sourcing some major parts like the diff is proving a problem at the right price.
Did you pop round last Saturday at the shop ? Saw this seriously modded bakkie with V8 sounds doing a U turn and skedaddle off up the road. Thought it may have been you ?

And I have now gone for broke !! Ordered the two Turbo`s for it today...friends should not let friends influence them when they have had one to many to drink !

Besides, the exhaust plumbing is going to be a bit easier to do now..