1UZ Cressida Swap Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sikbeasy

Hey all! I just joined this site and figured i'd introduce myself. I went to UTI and now im working for a converting company. I do mostly mechanical projects and factory line installments.

I have an 88 MX73 Cressida in really good shape with low miles. I knew from day 1 that I was going to do an engine swap. Now Ive decided to drop in the 1UZ. I have seen them on those whole sale websites for $500 with around 60,000 miles and 6month warranty, but latley theyve been upwards or $1k.
*Does anyone know where I can get a similar deal for cheaper?
Also I was thinking of swapping a w58 tranny into it. Source the parts from a pull a part. I read on a forum (cant remember which one) that when installing the flywheel on these, it needs to be .020" step machined.
*Can this be confirmed? *And is it necessary for me to get the w58 adapter plate? or can I modify it to work effectivley and reliably?
I have also seen a guy on youtube that has done the 1UZ cressida swap but couldnt get in touch with him. He had the LS400 dash installed on the cressida. I was wondering how hard it would be to do this and if anyone has done it before that could give me a tip.
Also there were some write ups that said the steering knuckle may be in the way. If anyone has any information and a solution to this I would greatly appreciate it.
I also noticed that the bolt pattern for the cressida is 4x114.3 so is an s13 and a miata. I was wondering if this would fit the cressida. Wilwood is having a big brake kit sale for the miata with rotors, pads, caliper and lines for $600. If anyone has this information please let me know.

I will be doing this swap myself in about two weeks. I am in atlanta and if anyone has experience that could be of help please message me, i will compensate you for your time and information. I have all the necessary tools and equipment. Thanks for your time.

sounds like you're a little misinformed about the flywheels.
I sell them, but I'll go ahead and tell you what's done to make them work.
I start out with a stock 3vz flywheel, I turn all the material off the back .1" from the ring gear. then I put it in a mill and I mill the bolt holes in a 1.575 bolt hole pattern.

The guy with the ls400 cluster is my friend james, and I helped do the w58 swap in his mx73, and he used one of my swap kits. You will have to buy a adaptor plate to make the w58 work, no way ariund it.

There is no issue with the steering knuckles, it's a steering rack issue and you have to shift your rack over 3-4 inches, and use a rack spacer that I make, otherwise you will have to custom modify your exaust manifolds or you have to make custom headers. I've done both in cressida's.

The miata and s13 stuff have the same bolt pattern but they WILL NOT WORK! The s13 calipers would need adaptors/spacers to work and the rotor will not fit, and none of the miata parts will fit. I know this because I own a miata and a s13, and a mx83, and 2 ma71's. lol oh yeah and a corvette lol

also i checked your website and i didnt find the rack spacer. and would you suggest the aluminum flywheel over the steel one?

ok well ill need that spacer direct me on how to get it if you sell it.
Also do you know anyone or do you know the wiring steps that i need to take for this to be sucessful? Or somewhere that i can find it?
And do you have any info on the cluster?
Thanks, Your effort and time is appreciated

ok well ill need that spacer direct me on how to get it if you sell it.
Also do you know anyone or do you know the wiring steps that i need to take for this to be sucessful? Or somewhere that i can find it?
And do you have any info on the cluster?
Thanks, Your effort and time is appreciated
just let me know when you want to get the space, you can just paypal me the 40$
as far as wiring goes, I'd highly reccomend picking up a tewd from e-bay. Same for the cluster. The tewd will have every wiring diagram for every circut on the vehicle your engine and cluster came from.

is there still the steering rack issue/headers, in the x8? or does that all clear.

yup still an issue, that's why you have to modify the manifold to clear the strreing shaft, or you have to get a rack spacer from me, and then shift the rack over the same distance as the spacer is long.