1988 4runner gets a 1uz :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rma

ok so im liking this way to much .. so my wife says :)

picked up another 1988 4runner 3.0 auto , blow head gasket otherwise in great shape .
104_2118.jpg
104_2119.jpg
Donor transmission off a 1995 T-100 3.4 auto.
104_2155.jpg
modified the steering stabilizer and e-brake bracket
104_2157.jpg

ok so i havent done a swap using a donor with the traction control .Can anyone tell me if i just cut all the traction control stuff off will i be ok or will i get the check engine light on..
Im hopeing just to wire everything up with out the traction control and not have the check engine light come on .. i will not pass ref here in california with that light on.

ill do some searching on here but if anyone of the experts can tell me that be great . Thanks !

Excellent platform for a 1uz swap! The 1st gen 4runner was the lightest by far. Even with 4wd it will haul some @ss and still get better MPG than the 3.0 v6. Looks good.

Confirmed. I've just fitted a SC400 1uz into a 1992 4Runner and deleted the traction control with no problems.

Thanks !!!

Excellent platform for a 1uz swap! The 1st gen 4runner was the lightest by far. Even with 4wd it will haul some @ss and still get better MPG than the 3.0 v6. Looks good.

Thanks ,agreed!! love the first gen 4runners ,my favorite of all the runners .
and yes they do get better gas mileage with the 1uz than with the 3.0 that is Confirmed !:D
so with this swap im gonna use the sc 400 fuel pump and fuel pump controller. I will be removing the original 3.0 COR and putting the sc' s fuel controller in its place ..
The other 2 4runners are running the 3.0 original pump on one speed using the FC from the LS 400 ecu through the original 3.0'sCOR relay and seem to be working fine , just want to see the difference in gas mileage when using the sc400 fuel pump controller and the 2 speed pump.

again thanks for the replies !

havent done much .. but heres a couple wiring pics .. just familiarizing myself with the wires and labeling them , getting them ready to splice back together.
104_2198.jpg
104_2199.jpg
104_2202.jpg
104_2206.jpg

couple more pics :)
cluster wires and connectors
104_2204.jpg
104_2219.jpg
104_2217.jpg
ok so finished with labeling and identifying the wires and connectors i will be using off the engine harness.
i will be leaving some wires as spares .. will add a connector on both sides of the firewall for any future wiring that the owner may want to do. wires will be thru the firewall already for him .
ive starting on thinning out and labeling the harness for the alt and main power to the ecu
104_2217.jpg

got some wires identified and labeled .. i also found a mistake in the diagrams .. between two of the diagrams they tell you different things .. one diagram is right and one is wrong for the same circuit. not really important but found it none the less.
104_2213-1.jpg
finally started soldering
smile.gif

104_2220.jpg
this is what i kept from the harness pictured above
104_2223.jpg
gonna use the ABS relays and box to power the what the EFI,Starter ,ignition main relays were powering in the sc.
104_2224.jpg
104_2225.jpg

wired the EFi relay and half the ignition main .. got tired
104_2236.jpg
almost done with this small harness .. i basically followed the engine diagram exactly , but used the abs relays instead
104_2238.jpg
still need to go to the junkyard and get the fuse box ill be using for the sarter,EFI,Ignition main relays.. same one that was used on the maroon 4runner ..
you can see it here attached to the positive terminal of the battery..
101_1998.jpg
so heres a partial diagram of the above harness.. the fuses are not pictured
NewSTIGEFIrelays.jpg

Looks like quite a bit of work but worth the savings no doubt. Is the trans/t-case out of the t100 a ditrect bolt in for the 4runner? Im trying to get info on swapping a uz into an 80 series landcruiser. Do you know if the stock trans from the sc400 will bolt up to the 4runner t-case? I know the gears out fo the SC are much better suited for 4wd versus the LS400 gears.

Are you still around? 2018..I've an 87 4runner thats completely stripped and is looking at a 1uz swap. I'm currently still working on the truck body and frame..rust maintenance and prevention and just an overall refresh from old components. You do great work, great attention to detail.