1963 Ford ranchero 1uz swap help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

OregonMotoVlogs

Hey guys! New to the forums and I think this is where I should post asking advice for a build I'm starting hopefully very soon.

My basic idea is this. 60s Ford ranchero with a 1uz and either the r154 Supra 5spd manual or a 4x4 swap. I think I'm going to go with a rwd drag inspired ranchero.

I have a few questions regarding the 1uz-fe and swapping it plus the r154 tranny into the ranchero. I am not a fresh "newbie" to the car enthusiast world but I still have plenty of things to learn about swaps. One of my main concerns is the driveshaft. Will I have to get one custom made to fit the ranchero with the Supra tranny? I have a ranchero, 1uz-fe, and r154 all lined up, I just need to pull the trigger on them.

Keep in mind this will be my first full major engine swap, and I have a limited budget, (still in school)

I just want to know
1. Is this a stupid idea?:)
2. How would YOU go about this, maybe a different tranny, any ideas are appreciated!
3. Would I need a custom driveshaft?
4. I also was hoping to find a rear axle that could handle more power than the stock OEM one, and have rear disc brakes (haven't looked into that much though, any ideas?)
5. Any input is really appreciated

Not a stupid idea, so do it.

The R154 is a good trans and unless you want to stay auto is the most reasonable choice.

You will definitely need a custom driveshaft.

Ford made heaps of different axles and some swapping around between them would get you the width you wanted, with the strength your chasing plus discs.

just make sure the 1UZ fits in the body style (try and find photos of another 1UZ/Ranchero swap.

How I would go about this: disc brakes at least to the front, all possible suspension mods, power steering, rwd, 3uz 5a/t with its stock transmission, custom 2-piece driveshaft, LSD, h-pipe, 2x2.25" exhaust with good flowing headers and pair of spintechs, stock toyota air box by all means. Moderate overhaul to the engine/trans. Expected result: can be a daily, not for dragging.