1478hp turbo'd 4.0L 1uz-fe monster!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Boys and girls this is the most powerful turbo'd 4.0Liter 1uz-fe motor that I have ever seen to date... It's a monster and nice inside the cockpit video!!!!

Enjoy.....This 1uzfe dragster hauls arse!!!! :headbang: I think it reads 7.82 seconds in the quarter mile but I'm not sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyhn0bSZbuo&feature=related

PS. the comments below the vid are a bit funny too... We got some 1uzfe haters out their....

That I cannot answer but HKS or whom ever did something right with that 4.0 liter 1uz-fe block to hold that much boost and HP.....

I wonder how much boost it took to reach 1478hp's on that little 4.0 liter block? Also that beast snapped off the line so one has to wonder if it is spraying nitrous out of the blocks just to spool up and get a good dig like that? Well actually that clown was reving out of the blocks so he was spooled at launch most likely..

rockhampton boys are running 7.62s 1/4 on grouted but stock block and untouched crank, pics are on my site. didnt get a hp numer off them but based on the weight they told me, im figuring around 900hp @ wheels. ET and MPH says more thank yankee dyno figures me thinks. stout motor in the vid though, no doubt

Whilst a Big Block can make 4500hp for 20 seconds that 1UZ probably ran for the whole meeting if not longer on the same engine.

Turbo's ARE far easier on block than blowers....
If you listen to the engine staging ??
The odd miss is pre stage in progress...
The ECU drops a cylinder while it still injects rich mixture..
This fuel gets burnt in turbine, vertually turning it into a jet engine..
Thats how they can spool a 1800 h.p turbo...
Much the same as two step N/A....

rockhampton boys are running 7.62s 1/4 on grouted but stock block and untouched crank, pics are on my site. didnt get a hp numer off them but based on the weight they told me, im figuring around 900hp @ wheels. ET and MPH says more thank yankee dyno figures me thinks. stout motor in the vid though, no doubt

Ed what's your website address and who are the rockhampton boys? I would like to check that out but need more info? Are those 4.0l UZ grouted blocks they are running on?

XR8tt-Also why are exhaust turbo's easier on the blocks then the root blowers when pushing big power? Is it because turbo's spool slower and more gradually then the blowers? Or is it because pushed air (root blower) is harder on the engine then sucked air (exhaust turbo).... Teach me something new fellas...:33:

XR8tt-Also why are exhaust turbo's easier on the blocks then the root blowers when pushing big power? Is it because turbo's spool slower and more gradually then the blowers? Or is it because pushed air (root blower) is harder on the engine then sucked air (exhaust turbo).... Teach me something new fellas...:33:

The biggest load as RPMs climb is the period as the piston rocks over from the exhaust stroke and goes into the intake stroke. During the intake stroke the piston and rod assembly including of course the rod bolts are under tension (they are being stretched). The other three strokes are all under compression (they are being compressed).

On a turbo engine the increased backpressure reduces this load by providing a cushion. The backpressure means that the transion from exhaust to intake stroke is less tramatic.

Also, since it takes less crankshaft power to create equal net horsepower (the turbo creates less parasitic loss than the supercharger belt drive system) less total horsepower needed equals less load.

Furthermore the pulley assembly itself loads the front of the crankshaft and can create bearing issues especially as the boost and power levels climb.

JB, that makes perfect sense to me, thank you....I did not know that.... Wow, OK so if you want to make big power on a smaller engine it's always better to use a exhaust turbo system rather then a root blower if you want your engine to last over time...

However, with all the perks and positives of a big turbo run engine it will never create the instant torque from a standing "idle" that a big root charger would produce.. With the exception maybe being the variable vane twin turbo systems and or other smaller twin turbo systems that are sized and fitted perfectly to an engine..... I hope I am correct in saying all that as I have a hard time keeping up with all the newer systems and different applications that come out...

I would also "venture to guess" that a blower would give you a more even power band thru the rpm climb when comparing it to a big single turbo system.....

YEP!! Besides at these power levels [development] you don't require full power on the line...
The wastegate will be set to approx 20Lb or so then up to 60Lb in 2J engines...On alcohol ... I assume a little lower on the V8..
Say 800 then ramp it up as converter and auto changes.. Or in some cases as clutch locks up.. Depending on class rules..
These cars run AFAIK 1200 kg weight,, Less than half weight the engine came out of...
In many ways these cars have much much more technology in them than blown cars in other classes where ECU's are banned...

does anyone have any pictures of these split blocks?

also to answer the qustion of how much its still lexus, the answer is none and it never was a lexus motor to begin with, it came out of a toyota.

Toyota is Lexus and Lexus is Toyota pretty much... Come on Jakey you know that....

Lexus Es300 and Toyota Camery
Lexus SC300 and Toyota Supra
Toyota Landcruiser and Lexus SUV's FJ80/LX470

Etc...Etc..

Attachments

• 10-28-07_1718.jpg
    10-28-07_1718.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 12
I would guess it's safe to say a cast iron engine block would be less likely to split and or bust apart over the alluminum engine blocks when pushing big power.....

So I guess those old big Chevy and Ford heavy iron engine blocks aren't so bad after all if all your really going for is huge four digit dragster horsepower.. I guess when your pushing thousands of horsepower the extra weight iron block shouldn't really matter anyway, right? I don't know why you guys would even consider an alluminum block engine for that purpose? Once again I am stupped over this.....

I would guess it's safe to say a cast iron engine block would be less likely to split and or bust apart over the alluminum engine blocks when pushing big power....

incorrect (this is getting boring jibby).

the WA mazda guys blew their UZ iron block 'lextreme special' apart at levels on par with the alloy UZ output and time figures (if not actually a shade slower than one of the stock alloy blocks getting around)

you seriously cant figure out what my website is?

Ed your a punk... You know that?

Why must you always roast on me? Boring for you maybe but educational for me and probably many others viewing in.... No I can't figure out your website even though it's in your lower link, and actually I don't even want to see it now that I figured it out..... I hope it crashes and gets a nasty virus or something...... See now you got me rilled up just a little bit.... Now have a nice day..:veryhappy: