sc400

1. S

Project Thread 1992 1uz in a 1996 sc400

I have put a 92 1uz from sc400 into my 1996 sc400 using 96 harness and ecu. I transferred over parts to make it work, manifold, cross member fuel rail throttle body etc etc. car cranks very healthy good compression has fuel but zero communication to ecu with scan tool. Will not start only crank...
  2. L

Getting aux and bluetooth with oem head unit

So, as the thread title implies, I want to have aux and bluetooth added to my 92 SC400 without replacing the head unit. I have seen people use the parrot system and wire up a harness to make it work with the head unit but I would prefer to keep the head unit and not add any extra stuff sticking...
  3. T

1UZ-FE 92' SC 400 NO SPARK and not turning on after changing (almost) EVERYTHING. Please help.

Hi All, I am very lost atm... These issues started when I was at the gas station after being on E for some time on the highway. When I pulled into the lane I noticed the battery light and red oil pan light come on and after filling up it did not start up (Very embarrassing situation overall)...
  4. M

1UZ-FE Hose problems Pls help

The starter in my ’92 SC400 died this winter… there was a lot of 30 year old hosing that was removed in the process of taking off the throttle body etc. I’m wondering if anyone who has undergone the same project could share a diagram or knew what kind of hosing Im going to need. If it isn’t...
  5. sunnySC

93 SC400 Timing belt etc question

So I recently picked up a 93 SC400 with one of the early 1uz's, I've had lots of experience with I6 toyota motors but never touched the UZ. It has 100K miles and on the way home while driving it the timing belt slipped off, when inspecting it the belt looked thrashed and cracked. My plan is to...
  6. EIL_V8

Toyota Soarer V8 Hydraulic fan leaking. May convert to electric fans. (Lexus SC400).

Hi guys, I have an issue. The 1UZ Soarer hydro fan seems to be leaking from somewhere... It appears the hose clamps may be bad on the pump outlets as that's where the gunk is but I cannot see the problem properly so the car is booked in on the 11th to be checked. I suspect a failed pump...
  7. aeary

Project Thread First Build - 1993 SC4 1UZ

Hey Guys, I just inherited a 1993 SC400 w/ 1UZ (55k miles on odo...but...she has been sitting for almost a decade under a carport). I have loved this body style (almost as much as a MkIV) since they premiered while I was in school as a kid. I know it has about 290hp based on specs; but I want to...
  8. blazer3011

Sc400 auto transmission issues

Hey guys I'm hope someone can help me out cause I can't find any info anywhere. My sc400 1uz auto needed a new auto fitted, so I brought one out of a soarer 1uz thinking they would be the same, but there is one plug on the auto at the left rear (think it's the shift solenoid) that is different...
  9. R

mx83 1uz swap starts no idle

sooo i’ve put a 93 sc400 1uz in my 91 cressida, i got the harness done by a shop and they came by again today to make sure the wiring isn’t the issue, so, the car starts up strong revs to about 1500 and shuts off. it runs the same amount of time everytime, i’ve ran codes i only got some for o2...
  10. S

Plans For My 94' SC400 These Next Upcoming Years :)

Hello everyone, I'm creating this thread more of for myself but I encourage anyone who has any kind thoughts and knowledgeable information to post here too (hopefully we can stay on topic). :) As you can tell by the title, all this thread is just my personal blueprint layout for my plans on my...
  11. J

91 sc400 massive leaks

So ive got a 92 sc400 and a while back i was driving and it sounded like it was running on seven cylinders then it died on me, it would start for a second but die immediately. When i popped the hood there was oil and coolant all over the place, had it towed home and upon further inspection there...
  12. C

Supercharged 1uz wont start, tried everything..

Hey guys ive been struggling with my soarer for way to long now, hoping some of you experts can help me. Its a 92 sc400 1uzfe with a bullet supercharger kit and wolf ecu. The original engine blew up about a year after i bought it. It leaned out because of all these mods and still the stock...
  13. F

Cars For Sale CA-SOCal 92 SC400 1200 OBO w/extras

1992 SC400 350K Located in Long Beach area Reasons why I'm selling: Girlfriend's dad is giving me his newer Lexus. I really want to sell this as a parts car as opposed as a daily driver, although it can be daily driven. I was going to part out everything but I don't have the time to do so as...
  14. S

Will I lose low end torque/HP?

I have a 1997 SC400 and my car has the stock cali. edition exhaust with the third cat and 2 small resonators. After watching this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnclTUvbPc I fell in love with the sound. So I was just wondering if deleting the center cat and replacing it with an x...
  15. M

Wanted Wtb: 95 sc400 ecu

Just looking for a 95 SC400 1UZ ECU so I can keep my UZ swap going. I know there are more experienced people on here so if other year ECU's will work, let me know, thanks guys.
  16. R

93 SC400 1UZFE into 88 RX-7 Journal

Hello all, This is my first project log on here, so please bear with me. I hope to share anything I find or uncover. This is a budget build with a budget of $4000. Mostly every part will be sourced at junkyards. If you have any advice or knowledge I would be very grateful for your insight...
  17. M

Help with turbocharging my SC400 1UZ-FE

Hi, My name is Michael, i live in Stockholm, Sweden and i own an SC400 1992 since a couple of years back. So far the car has been repainted, i replaced the whole interior with new leather, i changed a few suspension details and i'm faced with a dilema: I really like this car but i feel that...
  18. Y

Anybody interested in AE86/1UZ conversion thread?

Hello! I'm gathering the required parts to do the blasphemy of parting a SC400 '92 and using the 1uz engine, a r154 tranny and suspension components/brakes/diff for a AE86 project. I know there some people who wouldn't like it, but I want to do it. And since it seems lextreme as a site gives...
  19. S

Question about the Bullet kit

Hi guys Looking into getting an M112 from a Cobra/Lightning For my SC 400 and I know that Bullet Cars makes a kit for them. However upon emailing them, they replied that they aren't sure if it's a direct bolt-on without further modification to the kit or fitment under the stock hood. From...
  20. yodathespian87

Cars For Sale 94 SC400 - Colorado- $1000obo

Selling my SC400, 1uz works great, needs TPS, it's in loop right now. New timing belt, water pump, idler pulley. 135-140K miles. Salvage title. Coils were heated so the car sits lower. Has bondo spots, small crack at the top of the windshield. Previous owner was in accident in the front. Great...