ls400

1. J

Issue with start the engine in the warm/hot temperatures surging idle

Hello everyone, if you know issue with my 1990 Lexus ls400 have start in the cold morning is very normal for 1,100 to 1,200 rpm in the cold engine and wait for start engine get warm up about 5 to 10 mins. I was try test start in hot engine and that idle got out of control up and down and up for...
  2. S

Can't find a replacement Fuel line for my LS400

Hey guys! I have been using this forum for so many different problems and projects i am planning on doing to my 1997 Lexus LS400. I got it for a measly $600, and it only has 175k miles. I even have a new transmission for it waiting to go in. Currently, I just finished replacing the starter...
  3. Lextreme

1UZ EGR delete - resistor install with 6-pin connector (temp sensor integrated?)

Gents, trying to help a customer who deleted the EGR system on a '93 LS400 and is suddenly getting a CEL. (click for larger image) On the 25620-50020 EGR valve (for 93-94 SC400 or 92-95 LS400) with the 6-pin connector (pictured) is the temp sensor integrated into the valve? I'm familiar with...
  4. F

1UZFE non vvt Throttle Body

Newbie here, I inherited a project 1990 LS400 and I'm finally getting to the end of the rebuild process. However, I can't seem to figure out the throttle water bypass situation. The throttle body has fittings for water bypass but I can't find any routing diagrams online. Can anyone share...
  5. K

99 vvti swap, e30 bmw, no power under load

Ive gotten the wiring diagrams from Kelvin from the cartune company. and wired up as much as i could. its slightly different than his diagram, but all my (B+,BM+,OCR+, etc). is wired. only things that arent wired up to the ecu are stuff from the traction ecu, and oem shifter assembly. Ive sent...
  6. N

Lexus LS 400 Lower bushings shock absorbers front and rear

Hi there. For my Lexus LS400 I need the lower bushings for the front an rear shock absorbers (air susp). They are not for sale from Lexus/Toyota. Does anyone know were I can buy them (good quality OEM)
  7. O

Lexus LS400 Shift Points

I Have A 1992 Lexus LS400 With 102,500 Miles, And Sometimes Under Full Acceleration, It Randomly Decides To Shift At 5800 RPM Under Kickdown. This Is On Flat Land Mind You. Anybody Know Why?
  8. F

Faster than a GS350? Better value than a Genesis 5.0?

Hi, New member here and am busy reading the various threads. I suspect my questions are already answered so thanks for the patience as I locate them. If you wanted to point the way that would be great. Or if you wanted to wait a few days for me to find the answers on my own and then add any...
  9. B

Standalone ECU ECU Reccamendations? First gen LS400

I'm looking to get some more power out of my first gen LS400 and people were saying to start with an aftermarket ECU. Some say the Link G4 is good, not sure exactly what im looking for. Any recommendations?
  10. G

Very weird electrical issues

Hello everyone: I currently have a 90 LS400 with a mysterious code 42 (speed sensor 1). I have replaced the speed sensor, instrument cluster and ECU with no avail. Current symptoms are: Code 42 (O/D light blinking) Dead speedometer Dead Odometer Dead trip meter Gasoline smell Very sluggish...
  11. C

1993 Lexus LS400 kills fuel pumps every month

What the title says. I'm about to install the third fuel pump in this thing. I took out the one that came with it (Toyota branded) because it felt a bit weak, but otherwise had no real issues. The replacement, a Spectra fuel pump with kit and strainer, lasted about three months before finally...
  12. M

Master machinist; greenhorn mechanic

Hello all, I need help here. I own a 1990 ls400. Planning on making a mean sleeper out of it. I can make just about every part under the hood from scratch, but I have no idea where to start as far as the wrenching side if things go. So here we go guys. A little patience will go a long way...
  13. SpeedLove

Newbie from USA- Need Some Advice

Hello. Im a new member from the upstate SC area. I have a 94 LS400 that I need some advice on what to do with. The interior is in bad shape. And its not to pretty on the outside. Runs and drives, needs things like an upper ball joint, wheel bearing and transmission mount. But anyway I was...
  14. Holmsey

Fault code 12 Help!!

Hi all, been using my Truck with 1993 Lexus LS400 power for around 10months. Always started up first crack once or twice it has cut out, no tick over and then was reluctant to start, but always did after turning over for a few seconds Mostly while I've been using it it has started no problem...
  15. B

Beach life...

Hello from Pittsburgh!! Visiting Ft.Lauderdale / Pompano area... who knows where the parties are at?
  16. F

13 second E85 naturally aspirated 1UZ build

13 second E85 naturally aspirated 1UZ build possible? Thread delete
  17. M

Trade Want to trade my front sump for rear sump 1uzfe

I have a front sump still attached to my engine and need to convert to a rear sump for my swap. It is from a 92 LS400 and will include all hardware. Can reply via forum or email [email protected]
  18. A

A few V8 questions

Hi all, got a few questions about the 1uz. Firstly, is the VVTI motor much harder to wire up? 2: i'm sure i read somewhere the vvti's are coil-on-plug ignition? is this the case? as was originally going to run an older 1uz with MS untill i heard the later ones were COP which should be...
  19. J

Parts 92 LS400 OEM wheels

I have 3 15" factory wheels for a 92 ls400. all in decent condition, one has some pretty good road rash; they would make good spares instead of having donuts looking to get $30+shipping each or $75+shipping for all. They are in Texas you can text 210-954-6452 if interested i dont have the...
  20. C

Parts 1UZ from '92 LS400

Was told it had 90k miles. Has everything you see here (no alternator). I've sold my project and don't need it now. $400, for local pickup only (may be persuaded to deliver it within a 100 mile radius for another $100) in or near Baltimore, MD cvetters3 at comcast.net 4 1 0 3 7 5 4 8 9 9