Search results

1. G

1uz Ported cylinder heads with Kelford Cams.

Recent job we did.
  2. G

3uz Reflash

Here is some info on the process of reflashing the 3uz ecu. Yes it can be done , yes its good for stock vehicles and engine swaps , yes its good for automatic and manual , yes the VVti will function correctly after the reflash without the auto, , yes immobilizer can be deleted.
  3. G

47 Ford Hotrod

Photos of a 47 ford truck I have spent some time working on. 1uz VVti engine controlled by Link Storm A650 transmission controlled by stock ECU (UCF20) AiM Dash All new wiring https://www.facebook.com/TheCartuneCompany/photos/pcb.10156808642024118/10156808640704118/?type=3&theater
  4. G

Help. Sparks from the ECU body. That can't be good.

Hello Guys. Recently we had a funny issue from a vehicle which came into the workshop. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be sparks from the ECU body onto the mounting bracket. It was funny enough to make a video which will be released on youtube soon however I will put a link here for early access.
  5. G

Possible ECU issue

Hello Guys I recently had a customers ecu sent to me which I would like a second opinion on please. I think the ECU might be faulty but not really sure how to tell. Advice would be great I made a video of it as adding more details here is too hard and if I put as little as possible, expect...
  6. G

1uz Parts

Its a bit funny when I get excited to be getting some parts. The oil filter housing I have had for a while and use quite a few of them. I'm often surprised when people dont change simple gaskets as ones like the oil filter gasket are cheap , only a few dollars. The big excitment was when I...
  7. G

1uz VVti wiring

Here is a link to a recent 1uz VVti wiring job I completed for an overseas customer. I'm located in New Zealand and customer is in the USA. His engine is a UZS170 series 1uz VVti His engine loom and harness is from a UCF20 series 1uz VVti My test engine is a 3uz VVti from UCF30 I use...
  8. G

UCF20 VVti wiring loom

Heres a link to a wiring loom Ive just completed for a customer. Something a bit different to my normal loom Cheers
  9. G

Restrictive Airbox

I have been working on a 1978 Landcruiser with a 1uz. Well the rego says 1978 but it's made up of a few years of parts like many older cruisers these days. Fitted with an early 1uz that I wired (whole vehicle) a few years back. I finally got to take it to the dyno. Its running a link G4 with...
  10. G

TPS Circuit fault in ECU.

I've been thinking I should do a few videos about diagnosing faults for a while so heres's one of the first. It was after I got the engine running and sorted oil pressure. I did a video on the oil pressure issue too.
  11. G

UZJ70 landcruiser

Here is a short video of a conversion Kit I made up using a 3uz which was sent to New Caledonia. Customer is out having a play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=lybdthMLMPc
  12. G

Soarer dyno figures

Here is a dyno sheet with the before and after figures from dyno tuning. Engine is a 366000km stock item with rush headers , manual R154 box fitted. Supra brakes all round and raceseats in the cabin. The seats don't move forward enough for me to reach the pedals easily. Lucky the owner has...
  13. G

Not Quite 500 hp Hiace van.

Is this enough power for a Hiace Super Custom Van?
  14. G

Kiwi VVti stock car engine

Link to one of the NZ engine builders doing VVti lexus engines. One clip of the engine on the dyno too...
  15. G

2006 4x4 Hilux with 3uz

Just a few photos of a 2006 4x4 we have been doing lately with a 3uz. I do enjoy doing these late model utes. Take a bit of time but they are well suited to the V8 and nicer to work on than older utes which are often needed lots of other stuff to get them up to standard. There is a bit of a...
  16. G

Spark only System

Here's are few photos of a system I have been wiring for a customer. It was a common system on 1uz power stock cars over here in NZ a few years back but many have now moved to full standalone ECU's which give a fully adjustable timing map (like the Link Lightning) . It was sold by a...
  17. G

3uz

Have a guess what it's fitted to.
  18. G

A650 to VF2A surf transfer adaptor

Hello all. I have now done a couple of A650 5 speed auto conversions to 4x4 and have considered making up a full adaptor unit to complete the job. I have already worked out tooling and casting costs for the main adaptor unit. I am just finishing off the pricing for the adaptor sleeve. This...
  19. G

Another 3uz Hilux

Here are just a couple of photos of a 3uz VVti with auto Hilux we are completing for a customer. Almost looks factory which is how I like to finish them. Most of the mechanical is completed so I have to wire it up now which I have sorted a couple of other jobs.
  20. G

Sheep Shagger

2008 Toyota Hilux with V8