Search results

1. hi-lex

1UZ into Jeep XJ Cherokee??

the jeep gearbox is a toyota gearbox for all intentions, the ax5 jeep is w5* toyo an the jeep ax15 is an r15* box, of course input shaft splines are diff but case is the same so what bolts to a toyo can bolt to a jeep, autos are the same series trans so bolt patterns are the same too
  2. hi-lex

Adaptor plate - W series to auto bellhousing

but I bet it costs more than $80 and isnt bolt on
  3. hi-lex

I have one to go on a hilux trans with a comodore v6, the jeep 4cl also shares the same bell pattern as the gm v6, freaky huh, apparently these cyl dont like mud, should be ok on a street car, only seems to be a prob with the US jeepers, maybe they just push harder, I am not using this swap at...
  4. hi-lex

you guys do realise that the jeeps with an ax5 trans is a toyota w series and they came with hyd throwout bearing, just unbolt and swap the bearing retainer for the jeep one and the hyd bearing bolts on, jump on a jeep forum an someone might post one to you for not much
  5. hi-lex

1uz Hilux with Crown ECU - Bad fuel economy

I have had this with a couple of my conversions and it was oxy sensors both times
  6. hi-lex

Aston Martin Vanquish V12 Motor F/S on eBay

how bout a pair of lambo motors http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140194015656&rd=1
  7. hi-lex

Camshaft bolt - Metric v Imperial

try the wreckers and look at other toyota motors of same ere, chances are they are same, cant imagine they would make a bolt especially for the 1uz?
  8. hi-lex

Spark plugs Again?

hey dude, im in albany too, if you need a hand with anythig give me a buzz , thats unless we have allready met, cheers Russ...
  9. hi-lex

IS200 Swap from 1G-FE to 1UZ-FE

I have discon cold start on 3 of my conversions and only dif is 30-40 extra km per tank of fuel ,round town that is, even sounds better at start, doesnt stumble from extra fuel thats not needed, mite be dif story in real cold weather
  10. hi-lex

Parts parts and engine for sale

that would be perfect, how much?
  11. hi-lex

Parts parts and engine for sale

Do you still have the engine in bits? Im interested in one in bits for mocking up and messn around with, if not do you have the front water bridge?
  12. hi-lex

aftermarket o2 sensor for crown

found a dude on ebay that does generic replacement made in china for $41 posted for a pair so I will give them a try, cant expect the quality to be real good, I used my only spare set for my mates car, they were original ones. link to cheap sensors...
  13. hi-lex

thanks madmont, thats what I was hoping to here, gazasore the oxy sensor is a single wire, cheers guys
  14. hi-lex

Hi all, can an aftermarket 1 wire universal o2 sensor (common replacement for local toyota's) be used on 1uz crown or later majesta? none of the local parts joints can even find a part number for ls400 which were sold locally, gen toyota can, but $350!! ea .might just try NGK universal...
  15. hi-lex

1uzfe- hilux fuel pump???

ive used vl comode/camira pump, std lines an run a vapour line for charcoal canister on 2 of my ex diesel luxes an been ok, the other was 3rz efi an std efi tank pump been workn gr8 for 3 years of abuse
  16. hi-lex

Speed imput for ECT ?

it definately needs a speed sens from the auto output shaft or it wont change outa first when in lo range, ask me how I know? I made that mistake
  17. hi-lex

V8 Hi-Lux

cant see your pics, great post though, helped my mate do this swap but we didnt do the speed sensor hence it wont change gears in lo range, only got vss from cluster, need to do this sometime but, when you cut the shaft did you drill an put the little restrictor in the end of the shaft? we did...
  18. hi-lex

Wanted 1uz in perth/wa area

any luck yet hillbilly?
  19. hi-lex

if I get a motor without accs I will be chasing them too, I likes me ac an ps
  20. hi-lex

if you can find out hillbilly that would be great, even without the accs, saw your hq at motorvation btw, sweet!!