Search results

1. Jay351

1uz running better with AFM unplugged

Thanks for the kind words my friend! I picked up an old snap on mt2500 scanner. Got it off eBay with a bunch of extra bits and pieces for $250. I really wish it would tell me which bank(s) are actually detecting knock. It just tells me knock is detected in a yes/no fashion. I did a little...
  2. Jay351

Okay update time. First of all I have been laid off because of the covid-19 pandemic so funds will be low, I’m unsure if I’ll be able to afford to install insurance on this pig so I can get it on the open road... we’ll see. I received my new knock sensors from Toyota on Monday. I threw them...
  3. Jay351

Thanks Kelvin, You can bet your ass I watched that video. Your other video in regards to the wiring of the neutral switch also had my attention (the part of timing being frozen at 10 degrees ). I wish these things would be easy and throw a code. After removing the intake I’ve verified the...
  4. Jay351

So I managed to take the truck for a quick drive the other day. The ecu is still seeing knock with the timing pulled back to 10 degrees at mild acceleration. Once it kicks over to open loop under heavy acceleration it pulls good. I noticed the old clutch fan bracket was starting to make some...
  5. Jay351

I’m not very knowledgeable about the knock sensors themselves. It’s my understanding that they either work or they don’t, not something that would tend to slowly fail and provide false information. Would you agree with that? If the sensors were cheaper I would’ve just replaced them when I...
  6. Jay351

New oem sensors are pretty pricey. I really didn’t think these sensors would slowly fail or anything. I figured they would either work or not work then throwing a cel. Im hoping to get some licence plates on the truck so I can take it down the road and see what’s going on under a sustained...
  7. Jay351

Thread bump! Been a few years since I’ve really gotten back into this issue with the truck. I ended up restoring the rest of the truck and am now just sorting out engine details. I recently purchased a used Snap on mt2500 scanner. After wiring up the semi circle diagnostic plug, I’m finally...
  8. Jay351

If you would be willing to sell me a set let me know, I’d be a buyer for sure! I know I had great fuel flow out of the feed line at the fuel rail. when I initially was getting it running it had sat for a few years at that point, so I used the fuel pump to pump out the stale fuel. I did not...
  9. Jay351

Do you by chance have a source for replacement connectors? Trying to source these seems to be a real pain, junkyards are pretty bare when it comes to these cars in my parts. Okay, probed a centre pin, ran the truck for 10 seconds and then turned it off. I had +12v at the connector for about 2...
  10. Jay351

Im a amateur when it comes to this in depth of troubleshooting. I really had no idea you could pull live data from an OBD1 setup. I dont own a timing light or a OBD1 scanner tool. The timing light I can most likely get , the scan tool I will have to ask around and see what my friends have...
  11. Jay351

I had a friend replace the caps in my ecu a few months back. None of the oem ones looked bad at all, nothing changed when that was done. I can most likely get my hands on a spare ecu to test at least. What sensors could possible pull power without throwing a cel? It's a night and day...
  12. Jay351

Okay, so I got the truck running today and took it for a spin. I now have the sub o2 sensors installed (with anti foulers) and the egr valve wired back in to prevent any codes. For the first 1-2-3rd gear pull it was super strong, but as soon as it reached operating temperature it reduces power...
  13. Jay351

Should I bother going oem?
  14. Jay351

Thanks for the reply!! So recently I began to modify my y pipe to add the secondary o2 sensors, although they are only two wire sensors. This should be done in the next week or two depending how cold it gets in my shop. I also tried running the truck with no hood to eliminate potential false...
  15. Jay351

I forgot to mention. When the engine is cold and the AFM is plugged in, it runs very similar to once its warm and the AFM is removed. Im running an oem toyota thermostat with a giant aftermarket aluminum radiator and a 16" puller fan. Could it be running too warm?
  16. Jay351

Hey everyone, I have been doing some searching but I still feel the question I have has not been directly answered. Im running a 93 ls400 1uz in my 91 hilux. Im running the factory ecu. With everything plugged in the truck runs pretty good but at around 3800rpm at it seems to gain noticeable...
  17. Jay351

1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

Nice, rims look sweet!! When are gears coming? It'll be pretty snappy with some 4.88's
  18. Jay351

That is so great... words fail me...
  19. Jay351

Getting closer!!! :D Im jelous, I wish my engine bay looked like that..
  20. Jay351

Awsume! Lookin fantastic, great job.