Search results

1. rwdfreak

Project Thread PS Bushing group buy XA6X chassis

Don't know if any one is interested. Need more people or these will never get made. http://raptorracing.com/toyota/1982-1985-celica/suspension/raptor-racing-ra65-steering-rack-bushings Should fit http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=45517-14010&mU=on&mE=on&mJ=on&mG=on
  2. rwdfreak

Wanted WTB: BVSV and VCV...EGR crap you know

I broke my VCV and a friend broke my BVSV. BVSV part number: 90925-05075 VCV part number 25860-50020 Looking to pay 50$ plus whatever shipping is to...
  3. rwdfreak

A1 turbo flywheel machining profile

I just got a nasty surprise when I took the clutch assembly off. It appears that when I heat shrunk the ring gear on the flywheel, the flywheel slightly bent backward. The flywheel now has a groove depper on the inside than outside and show signs of heat spot. I think the clutch and pp is shot...
  4. rwdfreak

Dynoed my n/a 1UZ-FE with w58 tranny

Engine: is from a 1991 LS400. 200 000 miles unopened stock engine Mods are: modified stock manifold up to stock catalytic converters and Y pipe to a single 2 3/8" Pipe and mufflers, open air filter, lightweight flywheel mated to a w58 manual tranmission and the fan clutch and A/C where removed...
  5. rwdfreak

Attention all Howe Bearing user!!

Just a quick note to tell you if you've been using the stock 82870 with the bearing inclueded you should inspect your clutch. This is what it did to mine in only 200miles. The pressure plate was brand new (Toyota 7M-GE OE pressure plate) and the bearing seamed to turn freely. The proper...
  6. rwdfreak

Crank but does not fire

Well I'm stumped. After all the time I've spent to understand the wiring diagram and carefully weld every wire that needed to be; now that I'm done with all the mechanical components, I don't have fire. I've deleted a lot of wires in the harness, but those were linked to the Automatic...
  7. rwdfreak

Hooking radiator hose on a 1UZ and using pusher fans

1- Well I'm doing a swap and when I started to look at how I would hook up the rad and the water inlet outlet I became to wonder. Does it matter if the inlet pick-up water from the top rad port and the outlet (return) goes in the lower rad port. I know many engine are seted that way and work...
  8. rwdfreak

For the guys using Howe TO Bearing!!

Sorry if it as arleady been posted, but couldn't get anything out of the search button. I've got a question for the guy using Howe trow out bearing. Mine is pn.82870. I made my own adapter using the 1UZ bell. My questions are mostly concerning oil feeding and bleeding and proper instalation...
  9. rwdfreak

Engine Harness cleaning

Ok here’s the deal. I’m currently figuring the wiring harness. I’d like to remove as many unneeded wires and connectors as possible. I took the time to identify all the wires coming out of the ECU. The ECU and harness is from a 1991 LS400 USDM factory equipped with TRAC system. I still have the...
  10. rwdfreak

Injector cap what if broken!!

I was looking on the net for replacement as mine (well 4 out of 8) were dry rotten and cracked when I removed them and the fuel rail from the lower manifold. Since I could not find any Toyota/Lexus part # for that on the web see link I was wondering does any of you know if the fuel flow pattern...
  11. rwdfreak

Getting started on my Ra65 swap

Hi there, The donor is an 1991 LS400 with 190 k miles on the clock. I got the entire car in running order about a month ago. I'm pulling the engine tomorow an basicaly I'd like to know what to take care of when removing the engine. What should I try not to break and what should be spare. I'm...
  12. rwdfreak

Parts Canadian LS400 part out

Well here's the car. Here's what I keep for me and my father -Almost everything engine related (all fuse boxes, relays, sensors, alternator, power steering, plumbing etc) -Fuel door -Emblem (the ones on the other LS400 was stolen) -Wheels What is broken -Passenger side miror -most of...
  13. rwdfreak

91 LS400 no power to rear brake!!!

Here’s the story. The car ran fine until one day I experienced partial 4 wheel lock while cruising at 60mph. I stopped at the next exit watched all 4 corner and saw some smoke coming from the rims. So I went slowly back to my house and parked the car for the day. When I came back, the car was...
  14. rwdfreak

New guy that just want to say hello!!

Hi guys, I've been considering joining this site for the last 2years and finally did the big jump. I might be new here, but not in the Toyota family and in forums community. I'm a member on Toyotanation (for my pick-up truck), Celica-gts (ideas for my Celica), supraquebec (info for dad's MKIII...