Search results

1. spf_lexus

Help with turbocharging my SC400 1UZ-FE

I also forgot to mention: the first result when the link is opened is for the TT. Look for 2JZGTE (2JZGE is N/A).
  2. spf_lexus

I'm not too familiar with the part numbers. Here is a link to a denso for a 1997 supra TT: http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1997/toyota/supra/fuel_delivery/fuel_pump.html
  3. spf_lexus

I would personally go with the Vortech due to its reputation. I had a Synapse FMU that failed (torn diaphragm) and due to its poor design, caused an engine fire. Also, its best to use the OEM supra TT pump (255lph) as it works efficiently at high pressures (an FMU can crank fuel pressure over...
  4. spf_lexus

Since your running larger injectors, you could try this: swap back to stock injectors, install a 12:1 rising rate regulator and an OEM denso supra tt fuel pump. This will keep your AFR at idle/cruise in check but with enough fuel to support 6-7psi. A rising rate reg + pump shouldn't cost more...
  5. spf_lexus

When you say the engine is running badly, can you be more specific? What conditions are present for the engine to act up?
  6. spf_lexus

1UZ for my Superlite Coupe SLC

Even though this engine has the weak rods, they can still handle a nice bump in torque before they throw a fit. I too have a vvti and did a lot of reading on FI builds with OEM rods. What I found is that 5-6psi with a centrifugal blower or turbo is perfectly safe. When boost is raised to...
  7. spf_lexus

You could try an OEM fan temperature switch from a gs300/400. Then install the sensor inline with a radiator hose (with a steel tube adapter). I found a lower temp than stock fan switch at auto zone (175 degree). They also sell lower temp thermostats too.
  8. spf_lexus

building a N/A 1uz and need advice

The 4.7l "hybrid" is pretty straightforward. To make it work, you will need aftermarket ross pistons for the 1uz... but with the 2uz bore. You can get away with OEM 2uz pistons if you like however you will need to take the pistons to a lathe to remove the crown curvature. This will result in a...
  9. spf_lexus

Rear mount turbo on a standard V8 Soarer (SC400)

I just had a potentially fun idea. Mount the turbo under the seat as said, but plumb the intake into the trunk area. That would eliminate any issues with outside weather conditions. This setup could benefit from a cabin that's potentially an air conditioned 65 degrees regardless of outside...
  10. spf_lexus

Need Advise with internals and force induction

Currently the only M112/M90 manifold that fits the vvti is the expensive bullet manifold. However it was designed for SUV engine compartments (sequoia/landcruiser). I asked bullet about my car and fitment and they stated that it would not clear my hood (98 gs400). The Bullet has longer runners...
  11. spf_lexus

Cutting OE springs '97 LS400

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?route=product/product&path=44&product_id=202 These will lower he front either 17mm or 34mm if stacked. I didn't really search for a rear RCA but im pretty sure they can be found. Basically all the RCA does is interpose between the lower control arm and the...
  12. spf_lexus

Cutting OE springs '97 LS400

OEM cut springs and Bilsteins will not ride well at all. The car will bounce like a slammed civic. If your shooting for a 1" drop and don't want that stiff ride, consider getting roll center adjusters (RCA's) which will lower the car while preserving ride quality and more importantly, stock...
  13. spf_lexus

New Guy

Welcome black_LS. I too am working on my 6th Lexus (98 gs400) and wouldn't have it any other way. 1UZ e30 swap will be a blast.
  14. spf_lexus

Idle increases once driven

You could also have an intermittent vacuum leak as this will cause a high idle. You could use a smoke machine and check for leaks or just cap off all sources and reevaluate. I would suspect the 2 P/S vacuum assist lines or maybe the EVAP purge valve.
  15. spf_lexus

Wiring from Battery to Trunk

Just did this on my 98 GS400. I used welding 2 gauge line and ran it under the car. I installed a distribution box at the passenger side firewall (ls400 is driver side I'm pretty sure). Then I secured the line to the inside of the frame rails using a metal clamp/grommet (bought from home depot)...
  16. spf_lexus

Parts

David, I wish you well and hope your condition resolves itself.
  17. spf_lexus

vvti 2uz with 98 vvti gs400 ecu and sensors

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-ASSEMBLY-1998-1999-2000-LEXUS-LX470-4-7L-VIN-T-5th-digit-2UZFE-eng-/150890335487?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2321c3ccff&vxp=mtr 2UZFE for $550 ???? I may just grab one and swap the entire longblock just because I can lol.
  18. spf_lexus

Im finding it interesting that it makes 270bhp at 5500rpm. Thats a lot of potential. Torque peaks at 3500 I believe as well. Of course motor mounts need to be made and pans swapped. Does anyone know if 1uz and 2uz intake manifolds are identical?
  19. spf_lexus

So I have been thinking about a 4.7l complete vvti longblock swap using original sensors and ecu from my 98 gs. These are getting cheap at the junkyards now. This would effectively let the 4.7l spin to 6200rpm. Also note that i have ppe headers, full exhaust and a 3.25" bumper scooper CA. I know...
  20. spf_lexus

I noticed that the fish bracket is hitting the frame rail. The bracket should not touch and should have a solid 1/2" clearance. If your motor mounts are old, they can sag resulting in bracket interference. If the bracket is an old version, then this would explain the clearance issues. Earlier...