Search results

1. Doug68

COP seal to plug tube.

Here's what I have done... 1" or 25mm radiator hose fits over the plug tube neatly. Below from left to right, the spacer to bolt the coil down, the seal that comes with the coil and the piece of 1" hose. Fit the hose to the plug tube. Put the seal on this way round. the tube should fit...
  2. Doug68

COP seal to plug tube.

In the picture below you can see a coil bolted with a spacer on to the cam cover, this is in the correct place for the connection to the plug but there is a gap between the bottom of the coil flange and the plug hole seal. The gap obviously is too big for seal that comes with the coil to bridge...
  3. Doug68

1UZ-FE Economy Rebuild - top end service

A small amount of background. The engine I have has been sitting since at least 2006 probably longer. It's 1UZ allegedly from a Celsior. I'll be setting this up for COP ignition on a MegaSquirt ECU. Therefore I needed to know that the internals of the motor were good before I go chasing my...
  4. Doug68

MS3X Shopping list.

@cribbj that makes sense, no biggy though on keeping the cam sensors, I'm pushed for space in front of the engine so I was hoping to get rid of as much as possible from that area. The plan with the MS3X is to do sequential spark and fuel, so no batch anything.
  5. Doug68

MS3X Shopping list.

I'd heard from diyautotune that the 36-2 wheel as used on the VVTI was enough on its own. Do the VVTI motors have cam triggers? I want to get the plan straight before I get into it hence the questions. Cheers.
  6. Doug68

MS3X Shopping list.

Hi All, I'm glad to see the forum is not dead, I'm back at my project after a long layoff, things have moved along since I was looking at this last. On my engine I'm planning to use an MS3X With these COP units: Toyota Denso 1UZ VVTI Ignition Coil 90919-02228 From what I have read / been...
  7. Doug68

Hi Rod, Sorry for the slow reply, haven't logged on here in a while. Yeah the adapter and...

Hi Rod, Sorry for the slow reply, haven't logged on here in a while. Yeah the adapter and flywheel is done, now I need to get the engine running to see what happens when I spin it! Doug.
  8. Doug68

Questions for Perth People.

Ho Cobber, Thanks for the info, "main engine start" yeah I like that phrase. Eventually got to get the thing going. Buying anything in Perth is a PITA, for example bought a 1/2" UNF die on Friday on the 5th call I found a shop with one, no worries only a 40min drive away. So I go buy it, go...
  9. Doug68

Questions for Perth People.

Hi All, Ok so where in Perth would you go to buy a Walbro fuel pump? I know there's a 1000 on eBay, I prefer local though due to the quantity of fakes floating around. Next I'm looking for a pair of mufflers off of a VE Commodore, apparently they're a great design and are binned regularly for...
  10. Doug68

600hp 5.5 liter V8 Nissan GT-R GT1

This attachment method for the hose is interesting, its the kinda thing I'd do and then feel like I'd done a shonky job! :rolleyes: Imprinting "CARBON FIBER COMPOSITE" on the parts is good for giggle. Anyone got some steel look stickers that say "PRESS FORMED STEEL" I can wack on my car? ;)...
  11. Doug68

Mystery part ID

Hi Sideshow, Thanks for the information, I'm not sure on the reason for the flywheel pics?
  12. Doug68

Mystery part ID

Ok so round 2 (at least) of the noob questions... 1. On the cats there are hoses, where do they go? 2. On the inlet manifold there is an additional pipe with no hose, what should it connect to? 3. The valve on the inlet controls something being connected into the inlet manifold, what should...
  13. Doug68

Yet another diagram question.

Hi Cobber, Thanks for the advise, I'll get to it and give you a call when I get (too) stuck.
  14. Doug68

At the time I bought the motor there was no emissions test, then they've tried to introduce it and well the situation now is 'confused'. My intention is to stay stock for as long as possible to see how the legal situation pans out, then if the IM 240 is reintroduced I'll deal with it then, once...
  15. Doug68

Hi Cobber, There’s a moratorium on the IM240 at the moment, the trades association woke up in the end to what it was going to do to them. There’s no real telling where this will go in the end but my tack on this is to run the engine effectively as 100% stock and go from there. So far...
  16. Doug68

Lost thread.

Thanks cobber, that looks like what I need to know.
  17. Doug68

Ha ha! I've not got to the fun part yet! Just finding the information to get started seems to be the hardest part of the job to me.
  18. Doug68

Hi All, I should have said I've cut off the traction control from the TB and ground it down. I'll be getting the holes welded up in it at some point. I have the AFM (hiding under right roll bar back stay), original cats and even the original airbox, so I've pretty much got all I could hope...
  19. Doug68

Lost thread.

Hi All, After scouring the site for hours it seems that this thread: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11125 Should contain all the information required to get a motor running on a 40/40/40 ECU, except its the wrong thread! I guess this is due to the outage last year with re...
  20. Doug68

Here's a bigger picture of the situation, hopefully this'll help identify the situation, I'm aiming to strip out the wiriing thats not required.