Search results

1. M

I need help! 1uz swap

I have the '92 or '93 SC400 engine and its ECU in my Supra and the only code it is throwing is for the downstream o2 sensors. I have Lextreme's EGR delete kit installed (uses a resistor on the harness). The downstream o2 sensor code can be tricked using o2 heater simulators like those listed...
  2. M

Instrument cluster needed?

Cluster is not needed. If you want your Subaru cluster to work, just feed it the correct signals it is expecting.
  3. M

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

Love the build. Use to own two '83 GSLs. I know what you mean about the aero prep for high speeds. The wedge shaped front end of the FBs tends to cause the front to get scary light a bit above 100. You will need to get some aero on the front to cause some down force yet not create so much...
  4. M

Sluggish performance.

I do not know the spec of the Nissan fuel pump but it may not be providing adequate pressure and flow volume for the 4L 1UZ since the previous engine was only a 2.5L engine.
  5. M

Sluggish performance.

Sounds like you're starting to make progress. As far as I know, the OBD-I engines do not need the sub-O2s to run properly but the ECU will continue to throw a code for it. Just delete the hydraulic fan stuff all together and go electric. What fuel pump are you using? As for...
  6. M

my 1uz mk3 project

Seems right to me. My '92/'93-ish engine dyno'd at 203rwhp. It has PS but no A/C. Also has the R154 with 17lb flywheel and 1pc aluminum Shaftmasters drive shaft driving the 3.91 LSD rear. Engine is running 9.5-10 afr thought, which is way rich! For a 250HP-rated motor from the factory, I'd...
  7. M

Engine swap questions?

What 4U2QUIK said. I have an '04 Tundra dc limited. It doesn't have quite the amount of miles as yours but I would consider it a step backwards going with any of those engines you're listing. I'd only consider rebuilding/replacing the 2UZ with another or stepping up to the 5.7L UR engine.
  8. M

Vendor 36-1 Tooth Trigger Wheel for 1UZ Available

Are any left? Would like to purchase one.
  9. M

my 1uz mk3 project

+1 on the Shaftmasters 1 piece. I've been running their aluminum 1pc for a couple of years now without issue and I have no fear it'll stand up to the TT upgrade going in over the winter.
  10. M

Cobber's Cobra

Exceptional paint job! Would love to put together one of these or a Caterham 7 with the UZ power plant. Someday :)
  11. M

I'm finally getting my 1UZ from a 1992 Lexus SC400!

The only harness I used was the engine bay harness. All my dash gauges worked and it was easy to wire them into the bit of harness that comes in through the firewall to connect to the ECU. Good luck with your swap! Can't wait to see pictures.
  12. M

noob question

Just stopping in to validate Peewee's water temp sender wiring. The MA70 works just fine with the stock temp sender from the 1UZ. The 1UZ temp sender's resistance is only a little off at the high end which is nothing that would really appear in the gauge movement all that much. Wiring is...
  13. M

Michigan 1UZ - MkIII Supra swap

The MR2 2nd gen electric pump is larger than I thought it would be but this will not be an issue where I've mounted it. I think the MR2 3rd gen (Spyder here in the States) electric pump may be smaller and the reservoir is mounted right on top of it but I was not aware of it when I picked up the...
  14. M

Avoid TTC Performance!!

Been using the same plate for three years now without issue. Redrocco is (was?) using the plate as well with his swap and he's running a twinscrew now. I'll be running twin turbos within another month or so. As for starter clearance, are you kidding me that you didn't even test for that...
  15. M

1UZ into MA70 Supra with W58 Manual Conversion

Welcome MA70BRAIN! Glad to see another MkIII getting the 1UZFE swap treatment instead of a JZ swap. Quite a few of us on here and growing in numbers in the US finally. Do not hesitate to ask questions and good luck with the swap. 4U2QUIK's products should help speed up the process.
  16. M

Tial wastegates and bov arrived today!
  17. M

The picture album linked above has been updated several times over the past few weeks as we've reached some milestones. The radiator has now been test fitted after moving it forward 3-3.5" and creating new bottom mounts for it. The intercooler has been test fitted after mounts were...
  18. M

Began tearing down the car yesterday evening with the help of a friend and the use of his garage for the project which has quite a bit more room than my garage. Here are the first pictures of this stage of the project...
  19. M

After an extensive break the next phase of the project is about to begin. I will be attempting to get a twin turbo setup fabricated and in running condition before August 27th. I have already purchased a MR2 electric power steering pump and related computer/driver/electrical bits that go with...
  20. M

my 1uz mk3 project

Yup and loving it. Got it from http://shaftmasters.com/ 1pc Al with replaceable u-joints. Hollow with rubberized foam core to reduce ringing common in other 1pc Al drive shafts. High speed balanced. Haven't had any issues and been running it for 2yr now.