Search results

1. V

Cars For Sale VH Commodore for sale

Just sold guys. Thanks. Till next time (when i put a 1UZ into something else), see ya.
  2. V

Price drop $7900
  3. V

lexus v8 into vl holden commodore info needed please (AUS)

hows it going. Have a look at my latest thread. I may be able to help.
  4. V

More photos Some more photo's. Let me know if anyone would like me to take any specific photos of anything on the car. And remember....i am negotiable on my price. Thanks.
  5. V

I have dropped the price to $8990 for those who are interested. Thanks.
  6. V

yeh, i would. but now i own 2 V8's. a statesman, and this one. So one of them have to go. You know how it is. I don't want to sell it. I love cruising around in it. Especially after you have put so much effort (and money) into it. Thanks for passing it round mate.
  7. V

I can post some more photo's on the web too if you want to see more.
  8. V

I put a Crown 1UZ FE into a VH commodore and have decided to sell. Not because I am unhappy with it, but because I need the money (unfortunately). For those who are interested:- *I modified the mid bowl by rotating it 180degrees and moved it back 100mm by making an adapter plate up. This...
  9. V

Parts FOR SALE - Air Con compressor

$5, and you pay the postage.
  10. V

Transmission is slipping

Thanks MacroP. Will do that this arvo. My tranny is out of the crown (Mid bowl sump), so do you know which tranny it is?
  11. V

Transmission is slipping

ok sweet. what about the filter? how much? I think i will change the filter too while i am at it.
  12. V

Transmission is slipping

MacroP, i will try reading it when the engine is running. Thanks. It didn't offend. Me 3, I have spoken to a guy who works with these engines a lot and he said it should be fine on dextron III. I have heard that it takes about 12L to flush the auto, and the toyota fluid costs about $100/4L. So...
  13. V

Transmission is slipping

Just on the dipstick. There is a hot and cold mark. It currently reads above the hot mark at normal operating temperatures. Why is that?
  14. V

Transmission is slipping

Hi, Here is the problem: Sometimes when i put the car in drive, it just sits there (like it's in neutral) and doesn't move until i rev it a bit, then i quickly goes into gear and goes forward. It also does this in reverse. It also does it when i drive along, then if i don't keep the rev's...
  15. V

Vibration from the back end

I don't think the wheel or tyre balance had anything to do with it. The vibration was too fast to be anything there. It was worse at take off, not at high speed. I will try the rotating the tailshaft 180°, but the vibration started when i changed the rear upper trailing arms, the tailshaft...
  16. V

Max, This morning, i went to the wreckers and got some coils (original size) and put them in. The vibration has now almost disappeared (about 80% gone). I am over the moon about it. Here's what i think it is. When i went to put the tailshaft on, it was hard to get the centre mount bracket to...
  17. V

thanks for the suggestions, but it definately is not touching the floor. Any other takers?
  18. V

I have my 1UZ-FE in my car and was just about ready to go in for the roadworthy then i ran into this! I changed the rear upper trailing arms on my car (VH Commodore) along with a couple of other bushes and the brakes, then when i put the car down and took it for a drive there was a huge...
  19. V

Is this a Water Pump Problem???

So are you guys saying i don't need an overflow pressurised bottle if i bleed all of the air out of the system and close the radiator cap? That makes sense, but what would happen if someone opened the radiator cap?? would air become trapped in the system? also, what if a small amount of water...
  20. V

Is this a Water Pump Problem???

Does the water level in the radiator have to be higher than the suction and discharge outlets for the motor? Because my radiator is about 50-100mm below the inlet/outlets on the motor. I am asking this because i pulled the suction hose off my car today and it was dry inside the motor. There has...