Search results

1. B

Wanted spark plug leads

I spoke with a "top gun" ignition lead rep at the summernats. They make leads for the 1uz. you should be able to order them through you local repco autobarn ect. have fun Simon
  2. B

1UZ swap into Series 2 RX7

Let me be the first to say congratulation!!! :beerchug:I hope I won't be too far behind you. have fun Simon Looks like I'll be doing something similar with the exhaust thanks.
  3. B

What exhaust manifold are you using to clear the steering box on the rhs? thanks Simon
  4. B

The car has to be finished by "Summernats" Jan 3rd. I've used Ford EA Falcon rear brakes as the handbrake is built into the caliper in a similar fashion to the standard handbrake. Everything bar the engine conversion ( and tail shaft) is done lol, I intend to pull the smelly rotary this...
  5. B

Coincidentally I just finished bolting up a 9" into the rear of my series 2 rx7. Did you have any problems using the standard watts linkage? I had to extend one arm and shorten the other before I could weld a mount on the diff. Here is a picture off the diff: and her is a picture of the...
  6. B

Crank keyway ????

On supercharged dinosaur v8s it is common to machine a second key way for a 1/4" key 180' from the original. You can buy blower harmonic balancers with the key way already machined in it. This is exactly what I did for my blown big block Ford setup. have fun Simon
  7. B

Project Thread Supercharged Supra

Great, looks like mine is staying put then. Thanks. have fun Simon
  8. B

Project Thread Supercharged Supra

Looks like things are progressing well. Which VR sensor are you using? thanks Simon
  9. B

Flexplate order of assembly

1) Flexplate is neutral balance so it won't matter about the axial alignment. 2) Yep thats right. 3) There is a bevel. have fun Simon
  10. B

All Three Sumps photographed

The smelly rotary is still in place while I build the diff, I'm converting over a Ford nine inch for the Mazda, I don't think the spindy little stock diff would appreciate a forced 1uz. The plan is to have the car up and running for the Summernats car show, Canberra Aus, held in early January...
  11. B

All Three Sumps photographed

Join http://www.toymods.net and pm a bloke with the username Peter Costello. He lives in WA Aus. I swapped a front celsior sump pickup ect for a "rear" sump with him for the price of postage, he has a hell of olot of toyota stuff. Top Bloke. see here...
  12. B

Enjoying Finer things in life.....

Use this proxy to bypass the silly restriction: www.11hiddendoors.info have fun Simon
  13. B

Power To Weight

You can't get away from basic physics: F= M x A so A= F/M So if you increase either the force (torque) or decrease the mass (weight) all else being equal, the car will accelerate harder. have fun Simon
  14. B

600 hp at the rear wheels of rx7

I fitted a rear soarer sump. I actually don't know if its gonna fit yet, as the smelly rotary is still in there. I have seen a rear sump clear the crossmember of a gen 2, seeing as the sump cleared on that with an identical engine, I fail to see why the gen 1 won't. Failing that I own a Tig...
  15. B

600 hp at the rear wheels of rx7

Fantastic, I fellow 1uz into first gen rx7 guy. I'm just getting started on a 1uz into series 2 rx7 myself. There is a guy over you neck of the woods who has done it on a convertable. So far I've got the engine, coverted to rear sump ( I hope it clears the crossmember lol) organised the auto...
  16. B

Hydo fan as dry sump pump?

Thousand of sprint car engines beg to differ, They run them directly off the front of the camshaft on a pushrod v8 block. Though it is a good idea to run the pressure pump below the height of the oil tank, that was it is primed by gravity on startup. have fun Simon
  17. B

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

I'm with cribbj on this, to make the system more reliable the first thing you want to do is get rid of the dissys. They are a high maintenence item that needs semi-frequent replacement. Moving parts are alot more likley to give you troble than anything solid state like the EDIS ignition system...
  18. B

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

Dave got the trigger in the male yesterday, fantastic thanks. I've been playing around today fitting the wheel and have come to a few conclusions: I measured the bolt though hole diameter at ~3.8mm, knowing that I can't have any protrusions out the back of the trigger wheel, I decided to...
  19. B

Pre Vs. Post Supercharger Injector (S)

Most larger (gmc 6/71, 8/71) superchargers on IC engine applications run the fuel through the supercharger especially if using carbs. Actually I've yet to see a carb fed supercharger that doesn't. Alot of these run teflon strips on the edge of the rotor to improve sealing. Though the coating...
  20. B

Where are you located?

.......I love her far horizons......