Search results

1. M

gearbox adaptor plates.

Seen this thread: Engine to Transmission Bolt Pattern.
  2. M

Standalone ECU Wolf V500 On a 1UZ Soarer

Not sure if anyone is aware or not but very soon Wolf will have a plugin adapter for the new V500 ECU for 1UZ Soarer's. The big thing here is the ECU can also control the trans so looks like a good value upgrade for those with a soarer or a good option for anyone looking for a standalone for a...
  3. M

Standalone ECU Adaptronic ECU

As the voltage drops the injectors take longer to open, at idle with 1.5-1.7mS pulse widths its very noticable. Setup the battery compensation in the ECU and you wont even notice the fans turning on, other than the initial hit on the alternator loading the engine - but then on most reasonable...
  4. M

1UZ into HT Ute

Yeah you need to use a small transistor to drive the coil, it can all be mounted inside the relay housing and use the original pins with some spade terminals to wire it in. Poss just be easier to use the aftermarket tach.
  5. M

1UZ into HT Ute

The dash tach normally needs the large voltage spike from the coil to trigger it. This spike on the primary side of the coil is caused by the EM field collapsing as the spark plug is fired. Connect the dash to one ignition coil negative and check that it reads half the current RPM, if so you can...
  6. M

MRE Crank / Cam Sensors

These are also available for eur12.50 each when bought in qtys of 1-4, airmail delivery to oz is eur12.50. Not sure how good they are but are what some aftermarket EMS companies are selling for around the AUS$60-70 mark. Here is the data sheet, CYGTS101DC where the ones i was looking at (not...
  7. M

Engine build up

Stock it takes about 1.5sec for a 1-2 shift, slushy! My data-logger shows about a 0.5sec improvement in shift speed at WOT with 8-10mm shims. Shimming the line pressure adjustment makes a slight difference in light throttle shift but does nothing at WOT.
  8. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

No reason why not, the only thing is the northstar stuff is cheap ($300 brand new) but the LT5 vette stuff is a more costly ($1500+ new and still reasonably pricey 2nd hand). Both will need crank sensor/trigger mods though. The LT5 setup is simpler using just a single CAS and dual pulse trigger...
  9. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

True. In Cobbers original post he did mention he'd like to go COP or wasted spark eventually. The Northstar V8 in the US uses a 4 coil wasted spark setup, the problem is it has a fairly complex trigger with dual CAS, however i have CAD files that could be modified to suit the 1UZ, they are...
  10. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

yep alsmost the same setup jordy, ref angle is slightly different but otherwise the same (have used both left and right cam sensors to prove both work ok). Dont use auto trigger but have tried it and works fine too. The problem i had was it would lose sync during cranking after a couple of...
  11. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

The new firmware (4.72) for the wolf3dv4 has fixed my trigger problems with the toyota sensors, software fixes for what is really a hardware issue but seems to help alot. Fixed a few other drivability issues too. So i am halfway to praising the wolf triggers :P The V500 is only very new and...
  12. M

Celica Project

Saves searching... http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1645997&page=1
  13. M

GO & SHOW

very cool indead! and yeah a sound clip would be nice :)
  14. M

SC400 (1uz-fe) stock HP capacity work sheet....

with stock fuel pressure, the HP thats in my post. Up the fuel pressure to around 65psi and around 400fwhp at 85% DC. Its really as far as you want to take it with fuel pressure, but there is then a chance of them not closing and going static open which can = a new motor. New Flow Rate =...
  15. M

SC400 (1uz-fe) stock HP capacity work sheet....

Unless the stock injectors are like 400cc/min, 370rwhp is impossible with the standard injectors, even at 100% duty cycle it is not gonna happen. 8 251cc/min injectors will support around 330fwhp at 85% duty cycle is possible, 100% DC around 380fwhp.
  16. M

SC400 shift kits....

All the ones i have done have been at maximum from factory however they have all been JDM. Can't comment on US spec so yeah maybe some are different, in any case there is not a huge difference between the settings, start playing with accumulators and internal valve body mods and it turns into a...
  17. M

SC400 shift kits....

The V8 trans is already at max line pressure from factory. You need to open the valve body and replace a spring so you can have some adjustment using that valve. If you also shim a couple of accumulators (for the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts) you can have a nice shifting lexus box without the cost - just...
  18. M

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

Often manufactures use both cam triggers and missing teeth as an extra check that the ECU/Ignition module is in sync with the engine at all times. If it detects an error it can cut fuel and ignition quicker than could be done with just the one method. Some Ford EDIS use this method on fairly...
  19. M

M112 On Richwood Manifold

Measure the EGTs, depending on what the tuner has access to one bank at a time or ultimately all 8 at once. That will tell you if there are any air distribution problems or lazy injectors.
  20. M

1UZ putting out 480Hp at 11,000RPM with 4 barrell carb

http://www.iceignition.com.au/ ....Have used these on race cars, works really well. Will need some mods to get it to work with a 1UZ but anything is possible.