Search results

1. V

1UZ Legacy. Supercharger will not boost over 3.5psi Help.

Im stumped. Customers car in at work. Supercharger will not go over 3.5psi Specs are as follows. Stock LS400 series 1, 1uz engine with stock headers. Megasquirt ECU with RX8 injectors and wasted spark ignition set up. TBS "the blower shop" Billet 671 Supercharger. Running a 30 tooth crank...
  2. V

Heated throttle body

Im adapting a set of ITBs to my 1UZ and see they come with water pipes to heat them. How mportant is connecting the water lines back up ? What does the heated water exactly do ?
  3. V

Subaru Legacy wagon

Heres some pics of my latest creation. I will take some more pics next week as i dont have any completed pictures yet. Its just a standard 1UZ with auto trans running the factory ECU. Its RWD only. Built it to see if it could be done. Will post up more detailed pictures next week of what was...
  4. V

Manual conversion in a Celsior (lexus LS400)

Ive have just purchased a Toyota Celsior with a 1UZ, it has a fault with the transmission, reverse gear only works 5% of the time, and 50% of the time when driving forward it jumps from 1st to top gear with out changing from 2nd to 3rd. So what im thinking is it needs a manual conversion, i...
  5. V

AE85 Trueno swap

AE85 Trueno 1UZ swap in 4 weeks !! Hi ive just purchased a 1983 AE85 Trueno and im going to put a 1UZ in it. I bought the car as a write off, had been in a fire, My plan is to build the whole thing to show standard in 4 weeks. Will post pictures as i progress with it...
  6. V

Mazda Miata MX5 and V8 Caldina, From NZ

heres a couple of pics of my V8 Mazda mx5 conversion, ive posted pics on here before but was quite a while ago, Engine 1UZFE Toyota V8 with W58 supra box RX7 series 5 LSD rear Heres my mates V8 Twin Turbo Toyota Caldina Wagon Engine 1UZFE Twin Turbo and twin external waistgates. W58 supra box...
  7. V

ignition leads

hi i want to replace my spark plug leads ? shall i buy factory toyota items ? or aftermarket ? are factory ones expensive ? what am i likely to spend ?
  8. V

AEC Bullet Car

has anyone ever heard of someone putting a 1UZ in an MX5 ? i get anoyed when i tell people about my car and they say "oh thats been done befor) and i know there refering to the bullet roadsters, which we know are not MX5's ! anyone have any info on this ? my car is now finished but im...
  9. V

toyota V12

anyone got one ? pics or anything else about them
  10. V

Toyota V6

Has anyone had any experience with fitting a toyota 3 liter V6 out of the camry to anything ? i was looking at the engine the other day it looks very much like 1UZ (similar cam covers etc) and went for a drive, the engine is very responsive, its also very short and compact and could possible be...
  11. V

mx5 conversion

update Right i have my car, its a 1989 white NZ new (im from NZ) MX5 Just purchased a new set or 17" mags and clear tailights, also a set of lowered springs bought a low K 1990 1uZ with standard uncut loom and computer, also purchased a W58 supra gearbox also got a 3SGTE flywheel and...