Search results

1. B

Looking for places that sell Rebuilt Vortechs

Matt- I have been in contact with Todd from superchargerrebuilds.com a few times about the Powerdyne blower that I am after. He carries darn near everything, including Vortech. Shoot him an email at <[email protected]>. He normally gets back within 24 hours, and his feedback is...
  2. B

The Fish

KC- HKS makes amazing aftermarket products (obviously). Their high flow filters are very streamline in design. I have been eyeing them up for my Powerdyne. I would look into getting a fitler from them with the right inlet diameter for your V9. Product Photo...
  3. B

Modified 1UZ TURBO OR TWIN ROTREX (HILUX)

I think twin Rotrex blowers would be amazing. You would practically have a Koenigsegg CCR engine in your Hilux at that point. If Koenigsegg can make 800hp at 6900rpm on a 4.7L motor with 8.6:1 compression and only 1.4bar of boost, you could definitely make all the power you could handle with...
  4. B

Fix? Keep? or Sell?

Find a 3L replacement motor (the 2JZ-GEs go for cheap), install it, paint it, detail it, and sell it. There are few gains to be made with a performance swap since most "mods" do not give you your money back. But, for the cost of a replacement motor and a few quarts of paint, you should be...
  5. B

Forced Induction for SC430?

Scott's motor is a 97: OBD-II, but non-VVTi.
  6. B

SC400 Vs. LS400 Differential

Even with the 4.27 rear, the stock 149mph fuel cut is the limiting variable and not gearing. The highway economy is definitely something to consider. I have toned my highway cruising speed down 5-10% to accomodate for the 10% shorter gears. For the extra pep around the city -where I drive...
  7. B

JZA70 is definitely an 8" Torsen LSD; but, the LSD unit is not of the appropriate width dimension to fit in the SC's pumpkin. You need a JZA80 LSD...and, yes, they are tough to come by: be patient.
  8. B

STS rear mount turbo

Such a set up has been run once -to my knowledge- by mounting the turbo in the spare tire area to protect the turbo from the elements. A rear mount turbo definitely can work.
  9. B

Supercharger Vs. Turbo- Off the Line Results

That is a great term -likely more appropriate than "lag"- to differentiate between turbo and PD s/c set ups.
  10. B

A 6MT LSD will not work with the SC's ring gear. The SC's ring gear has ten bolts to the 6MT LSD's 12; and, the rings differ in diameter by ~0.4". You need an Auto TT LSD to work with the SC's ring gear.
  11. B

Jibby... Justen's car walks on your from the first inch onward. He has more power, less weight, and a talented left and right foot to maximize launch. 0-60mph in under four seconds with a 2.9:1 rear end is disturbingly impressive. There is no doubt your car will pull on a 99% of the...
  12. B

Happy Birthday to JOHN

Happy Birthday John! Good luck with your awesome builds. I am looking forward to one day hearing a video with blower whine and a V8 rumble coming from a MKIV. It says you are 57...you make yourself sound 115 with all the talk on senility. Best wishes on many more.
  13. B

Standalone ECU most economical standalone

I was going to suggest MegaSquirt as well. The learning curve is steep, but the functionality of the unit is only limited by your own understanding. The MegaSquirt can act a fully functional standalone for a fraction of the cost because you need to invest significantly more time to make it...
  14. B

Blew another SC400 transmission!!!

A trans cooler is vital for a performance car with an a/t to prevent the trans oil from getting hot enough to break down. If you are going to reuse another stock trans, you MUST get a trans cooler, and I would strongly suggest a trans oil temp gauge as well. The BL trans is the cheapest...
  15. B

The Fish

That all sounds awesome. I am anxious to see the photos of the fan install. I am also lloking forward to hearing how it was driving in boost. That speed density system is going to totally kick ass.
  16. B

I researched the Paxton blowers hard when I first purchased the Fish bracket. They are very reliable units. The Novi 2000RR is an absolute beast that can outblow almost every other "recreational" blower on the market (for lack of a better term). I am convinced that the Fish bracket can be...
  17. B

My $450 SC400

That is a hell of a find for $450.
  18. B

Paxton's Novi 1000 blower is no bigger than the V9 blower than KC just put under his hood using "The Fish" bracket. For that matter, the Novi 2000 (Paxton's street monster blower) is just as capable of fitting under the hood. You need to relocate the battery to make the blower work, but...
  19. B

2009 Toyota Super Supra

That looks awesome. What goes around definitely comes around. I can't wait until the Toyota Performance freaks start realizing that the 2JZ motors are getting up there in age, and for the price of rebuilding and stroking to 3.4L, you can have 4.0L or 4.7L fully forged with thousands left in...
  20. B

97 SC400 transmision wiring experts HELP!

Scott, you might give Neil Griffiths an email down in OZ: [email protected] He has made manual V8 Soarers on a number of occassions. I am sure he knows more than anyone alive about this very issue.