Search results

1. M

DO NOT take cheap cross drilled rotors to the track!!

Everyone should already know it, but... This happened at my last driving event at the Streets of Willow, on Aug. 16. I got these rotors off ebay years ago, and they lasted almost 5000 street miles and a couple of previous driving events with no issues. I was driving REALLY hard this time, and...
  2. M

My car on The Smoking Tire

Those of you who have been here for a while may remember my posts while this car was being built a few years ago. I will say again that there is no way this car could have been built (let alone come out so well) without the input I got from this forum. If you want to see and hear it in action...
  3. M

My track day at California Speedway

First a couple of pics: That Cobra did not survive the day--broken shifter and straight off at the button hook. No other damage though. Luckily, I survived with no probelms. I have to put a disclaimer on the video: my fuel map over 5000 RPM or over 7 PSI of boost was so rich it was like...
  4. M

Vote for my car on Hooniverse.com

Hey everyone, my car has been nominated for Car of the Year on Hooniverse.com . A little background on the car can be found in this thread: http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15092 I need your help, as I would like to have a good showing (if not acually win it). Go here...
  5. M

1975 Corolla project--and thanks

I want to take a moment to thank Lextreme.com and all its members. This project would never have gotten this far, or even started, were it not for this forum and all the people who post on it. The amount of knowledge available and the generosity of the members here is incredible--my car is a...
  6. M

Representing with a 1UZ at JCCS

Here are a few pictures and a very brief write up of my car. Scroll down a little until you see the black Corolla. http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/10/07/event-gt-gt-jccs-09-pt-3.aspx There was another 1UZ at the show as well. It was in an AE86 Corolla that came down from Canada...
  7. M

Some pics from Toyotafest

The Lexus area was right in front this year (in '08, they were all the way in the back). This was my favorite Lexus at the show. It was hard to get a good shot of it because the light was not good and the other cars were parked too close. But you get the idea--very dark, very mean...
  8. M

Toyotafest--anyone going?

I surprised I haven't heard anthing from you guys about this yet. This Saturday is THE all Toyota car show. It's about half Scions, half old school Toyotas, but last year there were quite a few very nice Lexus there as well. http://www.toyotaclub.org/Toyotafest/toyotafest.htm Mark
  9. M

YEEEEEE-HAAAAAA!!!!!

The video is a little short, but the motor is very loud and I don't want to piss off my neighbors. It's not tuned yet, so it runs a little wierd--but as I shift 1st through 3rd gears, the motor revvs up so quick it may sound like I'm just going on and off the gas. Plus the tires are spinning...
  10. M

Wanted WTB differential in LA area

As the title says, I need a differential in the Los Angeles area. I would prefer a complete unit, but what I really need is the guts. Thanks, Mark
  11. M

Where to get Landcruiser COPs

As the title says I am looking for Landcruiser COPs. From what I have read, the late model Landcruiser are the ones I want. I just want to get a good price. Any help would be appriciated. Mark
  12. M

Wanted Bellhousing

It seems I cut a little too much off my bellhousing. Anyone have one they will part with (for a reasonable price)? Mark
  13. M

Wanted Front sump

Anyone have a front sump set up they want to part with? I have a rear sump, but a front sump will work much better with the 180 degree exhaust I am trying to do. Thanks, Mark
  14. M

My manifold so far

I don't know if this is going to help any of you who are trying to keep your SC under the hood (bonnet) but this is what I doing with mine. I do not have it as far down as possible for two reasons: 1) I want to put an intercooler core inside the manifold, and 2) I wanted to clear the stock fuel...
  15. M

Where to buy new contol arms

Like the title says, I'm am looking for a pair of nwe control arms for a '92 SC400. Thanks Mark
  16. M

SC400 Ball joints

So I already did a search on this topic, but there never seemed to be a definite answer: Is it possible to change the ball joints without having to purchase new control arms? To put my question another way: What is the cheapest way to get new ball joints for an SC400? And I already bought the...
  17. M

Piston size on stock SC400 master cylinder

As the title says, I need to know the size of the piston on the stock SC400 master cylinder. My donor car was toast--literally. The master cylinder had melted away. I am going to be using an aftermarket master cylinder, but still need to know the stock piston size to match it as close as...
  18. M

Custom clutch shops in SoCal

Anyone know where I can get a custom clutch made in the LA area? I need something for my 1UZ--T56 project. The only real custom part is a Supra disc with 1 1/8" 26 spline input. I usually have stuff like this done at Valley Clutch in Baldwin Park, but they seem to be gone. Thanks, Mark
  19. M

Need a small favor from someone in the LA area

It would really help out my little Corolla project if I could get the measurements from some suspension points on an SC400. I neglected to get them before I turned my donor car into this: Anyway, if anyone in the San Gabriel Valley area can help, I'd really appreciate it. What I need...
  20. M

Another Corolla update

OK--the body actually fit on my frame!!! The first pic was the original ride height--which is 2 inches lower than stock. This is 1 1/2 inches lower--which is REALLY low! I still have almost 6 inches of clearance at the oil pan, and 5 1/2 inches under the front rocker panel. I cut around 3...