Search results

1. cebby

Wanted WTB - SC400 Oil Filter Mount

Looking for the SC400 oil filter mount that tucks the oil filter up and out of the way (unlike the LS400 version that I have) Prefer U.S. for shipping costs. Thanks!
  2. cebby

Wanted WTT - Front Sump setup for Rear Sump setup

I have a front sump setup (like LS400) that I'd like to trade for a rear sump setup from a SC400. Would need the aluminum ring, steel lower pan, pickup pipe, and dipstick. USA only.
  3. cebby

Wanted Trade: my LS400 Oilpan assembly or your SC400 oilpan assembly

Let me know what you have - US only please. Dipstick and pickup tube needed too.
  4. cebby

Does the aluminum oil pan ring offer structure to the block?

Aside from the obvious bellhousing attachment points... I'm thinking a whole fabricated one piece oil pan might be a better option to maximize my oil capacity while working around the IFS and front diff. Thoughts?
  5. cebby

What are the new motor designations?

For the the 5.7 in the Tundra? For the LS460? For the upcoming IS500? Anyone know?
  6. cebby

Header Flange Drawings available for download!

UPDATE: Please see this post for drawings thanks to DaveAus. Special thanks to Mudman for providing CAD drawings of 1UZ header flanges. You can take these drawings to either a waterjet cutter or CNC laser cutter for them to cut these out for you. Mudman provided AutoCAD 2000 drawings in...
  7. cebby

Pic request - need a good shot of the 2UZ oilpan

Anybody have a good shot of this? I'd prefer a pic of it out of the vehicle if at all possible. I'm in the process of swapping a 1UZ into my 2nd Gen 4Runner and I'm pursuing the 2UZ pan as a possible clearance solution (got a tip it may work). Does anyone know with any certainty that the...
  8. cebby

Part number for non-hydraulic fan pulley

Not sure what this is called... I have a hydraulic pump for the fan that I'd like to replace with the non hydraulic version. I'm running electric fans and would prefer to swap this out. I know I can pull the unit and strip the vanes out of the pump and fill with oil, but I'd prefer to...
  9. cebby

Call out for engine bay pics!

I'm working on my swap writeup and am including some other info. I have a bunch of 1UZ pics, but need some 2UZ and 3UZ pics. Looking for 800x600 min res. Thanks!!
  10. cebby

Timing Belt Alignment with Cam Pulley Marks

I'm trying to avoid ripping my motor apart once it is swapped into my rig - sorry for the cross post! http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34803&postcount=145 Anybody have thoughts on this?
  11. cebby

TOOL and FAB Forum

Hey gang! I had been searching high and low for a tool and fabrication site that wasn't just off-road fab related or owned by a manufacturer. In addition to metal work, I also do wood work and like to build all sorts of stuff. Well, frustration led to something positive. I've launched a...
  12. cebby

Will TRD SC for the 2UZ fit the 1UZ?

Will this item fit the 1UZ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33741&item=7985220735&sspagename=WDVW
  13. cebby

Bolt torque specs/sealant question

Anyone have the bolt torque specs on the UZ auto bellhousing and assorted other trans bolts? Is it OK to use the Toyota red sealer between the bellhousing and the trans or is there something else I should use?
  14. cebby

Exhaust size and components for 1UZFE in 4Runner/Surf

I've got an engine on the way to me and I've been reading up on sizing and cats etc. To maintain optimal torque, what is the best size/pipe config for a 1UZFE. Keep in mind, this is for an off-road rig (still will be a daily driver though). My current 3.0 V6 has a single 2.25 or 2.5 dia...
  15. cebby

1UZFE/2UZFE into a 2nd Gen 4Runner (U.S.)

Well, my 3VZE finally took a dump. BIG coolant leak between head and block on the driverside. About 142k miles. It had the headgasket replaced under the HG replacement campaign at something like 30k miles. This vehicle has an a340h automatic tranny. For the cost and downtime of rebuilding...
  16. cebby

Rebuilt or remanufactured engines

Nick - sorry to dig out this old thread, but I'm looking for oversized pistons for a V6 rebuild. We are working out the details for swapping Camry 3VZ-FE heads onto a 3VZE (Old truck motor). While doing the rebuild we have discussed larger pistons, but were told they did not exist. When you...