Search results

1. L

Pictures Ford mod motor with supercharger

Not meaning any disrespect but for once I have a healthy respect for an American engine, I really like the 5.4L 4V and have seen some really impressive stuff done with completely stock engines, how does 1000bhp sound? I also like the fact that you can buy a *complete* crate engine brand new...
  2. L

BMW V12 Project

Dry sump system? Nice, are you planning on selling to others? Not wanting to get off topic but it would be nice if someone did this for the xUZ engine.... nice and shallow, uncomplicated.......
  3. L

Who has an AOpen Mini-ITX Computer?

I get ya John, the thing that I am saying is the cost of the Mini-PC's are generally more than the cost of an equivilent laptop so you might as well get a laptop even if it never moves from the one spot ever. Just plug/bluetooth a keyboard and mouse, add a monitor and tuck the laptop in a draw...
  4. L

intercooling the richwood manifold

Almost certainly at the crank and thats probably pushing the M112 to the limits surely?
  5. L

I'm not the best at googling but this is all I could find: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=94732 I have a goal to hit at least 500bhp at the *wheels* with a 1UZ in a kit car (will be running through a TKO600 with a LinkPlus G3, larger injectors, bigger fuel pump, better exhausts...
  6. L

Who has an AOpen Mini-ITX Computer?

I love these types of things, I'm really into mini computing (see OQO Model 02). The only thing I have against stuff like the AOpen MiniPC/Mac Mini is that for the price you can buy a really nice laptop with probably more power/memory/disk space and you get a 'free' display and keyboard/mouse...
  7. L

Whipple S/C in a Soarer.

Hey dude, any updates on this? Hope all is well.
  8. L

Sorry to dig this old thread up but does anyone have any more information on this manifold? How effective is it? What is the pricing information? Otherwise I shall go straight to the source :)
  9. L

twin turbo AND supercharged 1UZ :)

I go away for a while and come back and see this! Nice one buddy! Keep pushing the stock limits!
  10. L

Tom's Racing of Japan Supercharger

Nice kit and I guess the price is right for a kit that will have EVERYTHING you essentially need but 5-6k for a roots blower on the other hand sounds a little.....crap.
  11. L

need mid mount transaxle

If your shooting for less power than your options are far more open and what I said above doesn't really apply, but if you are gunning for 1000bhp than I don't see why a Ford GT transaxle shouldn't be a viable option. And there are bellhousings available for 1UZ --> Ford GT Transaxles...
  12. L

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

One thing is for sure, that is Majoola's engine he used in his Ultima putting out about 1000bhp. I don't know if he will still respond to PM's or even if it lists his email address any more.....
  13. L

Just bought my first Bike, 01 CBR 600 F4i. tips for a first timer?

Sniper, how much experience do you have riding motorbikes?
  14. L

need mid mount transaxle

I doubt Majoola's porsche trans was completey stock.... I would imagine it was beefed up considerably. What I don't get is why people aren't paying more intention to a Ford GT gearbox brand new? Sure it's $15k brand new but: 1) It's brand new. 2) Stock has been *proven* to take 1000bhp. Now...
  15. L

The fastest street legal car...Porsche 911

Thermactor, I think you are thinking of the post '95 enigines only being able to handle 350bhp.... I think the pre '95 can probably take a lot more.
  16. L

Audi's new 500hp deisel V12 car engine...

That saying, looking at those stats I bet even a chipped version of that golf engine, in something that weighs probably around almost a half/third of the weight I bet it would probably do around 80mpg on the motorway :D
  17. L

Audi's new 500hp deisel V12 car engine...

No he's just from Europe.... we've been doing Diesels way better than you guys for a very long time..... Check out the VW Touareg: Pferdestärken* 224 Engine cubic capacity 4921 Fuel Consumption Urban 16.0mpg - 17.7l/100km Extra-urban 29.4mpg - 9.6l/100km Combined...
  18. L

911 Turbos are 4WD as well.. looks like they disabled that.... In my opinion if you want anything to be streetable/even remotely sensible/usable by most people, much over 6-700bhp you are going to want to go 4WD.... But apart from the Veyron, I haven't seen any other 4WD system that can handle...
  19. L

Did they keep the 4WD on that Porsche then?
  20. L

Project Thread T88 soarer back on track.

Those are damn sexy plenums.... where did they come from?!?