Search results

1. The Flea

Opinion Poll : Port and Polish

Well, you can probably guess what I think. Pros. Real power cannot be achieved without airflow. Permanent. Works even better when accompanied with forced induction. Not as expensive as you would think. Can be tailored to a specific type of driving/racing. Cons. Doesn't work well...
  2. The Flea

flow numbers

JDM nice info on the manifold. I had no idea how limiting the stock intake was. Your numbers jive with the stock intake ports on a 1uz at 28" H2O. Very intersting. Looks like some one better get moving on aftermarket production intakes. Just got another update on the heads. I think it was...
  3. The Flea

flow numbers

Thanks Anaema. Anyone else have recent flow bench data? Or is this topic completely irrelevant? You can read what I put here and contact Tim for the rest of the info. http://1uzfe.com/heads_1.htm http://1uzfe.com/heads_2.htm
  4. The Flea

flow numbers

Friends. I've been busy between lots of things, but unfortunately almost nothing with my car. Here is recent flow bench data I gathered while working with Tim Kerber at Airflow Performance Engineering in CA. Tim is excited about the heads and the prospect of doing more of them. The results...
  5. The Flea

powerglide adaptor

Lextech, I think all of the GM trannys that you and I are familiar with have removable bells down under. But I think you could just get an Aussie case and put your guts in it. It would sure save on the shipping from down under. Some of the aftermarket PG's in the states have removable bells, but...
  6. The Flea

powerglide adaptor

I'd be interested in the PG adapter since I want to drag only. Really. PM me or something. I have the only Dellow C4 in the western hemisphere and would consider going to PG if the adapter is nice.
  7. The Flea

Parts R154 tranny for sale in California.

looking like $350 to $450 USD. Depends on the city and such.
  8. The Flea

Parts R154 tranny for sale in California.

I have an R154 that is complete minus clutch and flywheel. It comes with the shifter, fork, and slave. Great shape. MAKE OFFER or... ebay the item number 8053824753 Will ship to Australia if we can work something out.
  9. The Flea

Corrola V8 thread..

I must have my engine sitting lower in the bay. My pan is way below the crossmember. I have good hood clearence. BTW, your stuff is coming along great!
  10. The Flea

c4 gbox behind v8

You still have to use the Toyota flexplate because the starter depends on it. You can modify the legs on the converter to fit the Toyota flexplate pattern.
  11. The Flea

Corrola V8 thread..

How much space do you have between your rack and your oil pan/girdle? I looking at about 3/4". I'm currently 2.5" from the bottom of the oil pan to the ground at ride height! I plan to take an inch from the sump and an inch from the pickup.
  12. The Flea

1UZFE Powered Airplane

Looks like a Lancair ESP? Close? I'd read that Toyota really thought about selling the 1UZ to general aviation. I'm glad to see someone took them up on it! Rotaries and Subarus are really common on kitplanes like Vans RV, but this one tops it all! Can't wait to check out your other plane.
  13. The Flea

Alcohol compatable injectors?

?? Semantics. It appears as if you haven't failed to see. And yes, it will be an issue. Sometime between yesterday and today you did a 180 on your approach. But, if you still have a race only car, and you still think alcohol is best suited in a race car. Stick with the alcohol! Tub that thing...
  14. The Flea

Alcohol compatable injectors?

I'm pretty sure AEM has a gas flush standard on their ECU. If not, run a small amount of castor oil in the alcohol. I've known numerous guys running in the 7's on alky in drag only cars who swear by castor in the tank. This works for blown, and injected. Most states carry fuels that already...
  15. The Flea

Torque Converter Operation Explained

John, thanks for being part of the forums. Under what circumstances would you recommend a "spragless" stator for your customers?
  16. The Flea

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

Here's the part number 129700-3881. It also has J0388 below that number.
  17. The Flea

Tonight I fit the Honda COP on the 1UZ plug without the adapter I had for the Honda GSR head, and they fit perfectly. You can use the cam covers without interference and they look KLEEN. They came off of the F4i motorcycles which had a CDI unit integral to the ECU. I know these work with the...
  18. The Flea

Honda makes a nice 2 wire motorcycle COP that usually goes for real cheap. Apparently works with the AEM unit. I'm looking into this application. This one has a tip that's modified for length to fit a Honda GSR head, but it's close to fitting the 1uz. It could be adjusted slightly to work...
  19. The Flea

TH400/TH700 adapter plate available

I'm curious. Do the GM hydros have detachable bells down under? The only common GM tranny in the States (that had this feature) was the powerglide. It was for this reason I went Ford C4. All TH350s and 400s have either the B-O-P pattern or the Chevy style. If yours is based on the U.S. made...