Search results

1. A

Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

ok... last time i checked, there was no such thing as a Z07 on the streets. Z06 for sure. but not Z07. the again, i haven't been following car news for a few months.
  2. A

FYI - Thailand removes Youtube ban after four months

that is a bit optimistic Jibbby... the woman thing that is. as for the king... who cares if anyone offends one self centered idiot.
  3. A

Has Anyone Run AV Gas in the 2UZ

i wouldn't. modern cars are made to run on unleaded fuel. not to mention lead kills people.
  4. A

Eaton TVS

looks almost like a screw type.
  5. A

Ruined, motor seized!!!!

that's brilliant. could be a firefighter too...
  6. A

Ruined, motor seized!!!!

how do you test for hydrolock?.... take the spark plugs out, the stick something thin into the cylinder that can pick up water easily. like a tube of paper. if it's wet... well, that's self explanitory. also, can you hear the starter solenoid working when you try to start it? it should sound...
  7. A

Shelby GT500

it's a lump. fast, but i doubt it likes corners much with that iron block sitting in the front.
  8. A

Ruined, motor seized!!!!

a hydrolock test would be a good idea. sorry to hear your ride died. mine might....
  9. A

DOHC vs Push Rod

there is always weight in the valve train, but i see your point. OHC engines are easier to rev than OHV engines, in general. but there are also many more variables than the valve train that makes an engine easy to rev. for example, friction on the bottom end, stroke length, rod length, piston...
  10. A

DOHC vs Push Rod

DOHCs are worth while if you have the right displacement and cam profile. for example, the new 6.2L MB V8 makes 500 HP, same as the LS7, but with .8L less displacement. the torque is a bit less than what the LS7 makes, but that doesn't really mean anything, as it still has tons of torque. all in...
  11. A

Two Stage Turbo

what is on the diagram would work just fine for a gasoline engine. it wouldn't be practical though. i've looked up compound charging(what is in the diagram), it is really only good for racing on gasoline engines. and when they aren't running on pump gasoline.
  12. A

BMW V12 Project

a good bit heavier too. even made all from aluminum. i wish MMCs were viable to production engines, then everything would be a lot lighter.
  13. A

Supra vs. Skyline

i have seen a R34 Skyline in the US. i believe it was imported. beautiful car, i wish i had one.
  14. A

Cleaning !@#$% Silicone Sealant

it could be blasted off some surfaces. there are different types of blasting material that is used for the different metals and composites used to make car bodies. just for an example; the "sand" used to blast paint from aluminum is much softer than the "sand" used to remove paint and rust from...
  15. A

Debating Turbocharging?

water/meth injection is only as complicated as the fuel system in your everyday car, but with smaller parts. the mixture gets injected where every you want it to. but, as far as i know, three locations are standard: before the intercooler, just after the intercooler, and just before the...
  16. A

2007 Tundra SR5 Crew Max

maybe a small house..... a bit to much like the Hulk for my tastes, but trucks are already like that. i wonder what the actual fuel mileage for that truck is.
  17. A

These 'pulse plugs' claim to increase power and efficiency, Rubbish?

if the technology in those plugs works anything like what they say they do, then you probably will get some improvements. i would try them on my old Chevy pickup if they were available to me at a reasonable price. of course, that old beast has had it's current spark plugs for at least 50,000...
  18. A

Lamborghini F1 V12 on eBay

i've never heard of a Lambo F1 engine.... but there is a first for everything. still, i'm skeptical.
  19. A

check out this supercharged celsior... does it belong to a member??

the Saleen S7 Turbo makes 750 bhp at 6 psi on an 11:1 compression ratio. 4 psi at 10:1 is perfectly alright, though i suppose it could possibly go as high as 7 psi without hurting anything
  20. A

5.7L supercharger

i've seen that on some superchargers for the LS engines in Corvettes. mounted backwards with a gear system driven off the SC pulley. except for the upside down part that is.