Search results

1. Pro

Cars For Sale West Aus - Toyota Celsior

fk! i spat my coffee all over the keyboard - $18k!!!! i can pick one up for $6k!!!
  2. Pro

Parts PARTS CLEAN OUT

$$$ 4 oil filter?
  3. Pro

Blown EA Flacon Pics

how did you hook up your glide? who made the adaptor? only way to fix the wp is for a new one mate - sometimes they stuff the front seal when it gets squashed when pulleys get bumped in shipping. i wouldn't risk a re-seal if it's leaking from anywhere. pm me your details. would love to see...
  4. Pro

Friendliest Country

$$$$ wise - yes. % of GNP? no - not many. the term "royally screwed" comes to mind.
  5. Pro

Friendliest Country

good to see another liberal there, rod. actually XR, there WAS a 20bil surplus in our piddly little economy, and in 6 months it went from 18bil surplus to staring down the barrell of a 42bil DEFICIT. yay. i look forward to the next "recession australia had to have". and Lex - aussies are more...
  6. Pro

1000rwhp

yeah but at the end of the day guys, the LS has more torque, more capacity with the same RPM limit so it SHOULD make more power. very very impressive numbers - regardless of the engine - esp considering it's throughout the rev range. with some big, sticky tyres it may even be useable...
  7. Pro

simple engine mods

cooler oil doesn't mean more horsepower - a 1UZ isn't exactly hard on oil. a tranny cooler might extend the life of your tranny though - but then, manuals aren't hard on oil like an auto anyway. oils are designed to lubricate at a certain temperature, and the different grades change viscosity...
  8. Pro

biggest useable turbo on a 1UZFE?

now that's a fancy bit of kit - but i thought the idea behind a twin entry turbo is to improve spool by linking alternately firing cylinders / banks....? by amalgamating the exhaust manifold into one, i would be worried about the flow over that plate unless the ports were tapered where it bolts...
  9. Pro

good point there steve - but remember, i plan to run a 2spd auto to load the engine up more and help bring it up on boost earlier, as well as a BW diff conversion with some gears to assist as well. add the transbrake and decent stall, and i don't see it being an issue over 1320ft. street...
  10. Pro

yep i think i'll use the 1.06 - but will discuss with my supplier. thanks for all the help :)
  11. Pro

and my KKK is about 1.5x the size of the GT4088 after looking at some one ebay.
  12. Pro

the default housing is a 1.06 twin entry with a T4 flange and V band exhaust. the 0.86 is a single entry with a V band exhaust. 0.94 is the same. the 1.34 is a twin entry T4 flange with a 6 bolt exhaust. looking at what's what - i think the twin entry 1.06 A/R might be the right one to use...
  13. Pro

so it seems the GT4088 is the best turbo to use for a lazy 1UZ to make 500 engine hp with 1bar of boost. seems a little low but then again 1bar is nothing to laugh at. what exhaust housing size would be the best here then? because there's a plethora available. i was assuming with that size...
  14. Pro

cheers for your help. input specs are here. 1UZFE using the 0.55 BSFC i get the GT4088 being an ideal match as well. seems to be a few Exhaust A/Rs available - now to work out which one. I see 0.86 up to 1.34!!!
  15. Pro

Electronic-Assist turbocharging

was just going to say you could use this instead of a small shot of N2O on the line - where class rules don't allow N2O.
  16. Pro

maybe the GT4094-R? seems to be right where i want the island to be in regards to lbs/min airflow - unless i'm reading it wrong. T66 looks to be working on the lazy side of the island as well.... can you explain to me how that GT4202 is close to the surge limit? i thought the surge limit was...
  17. Pro

6000rm isn't really getting near the useable rpm of the motor though - although if it will support the horsepower at those revs then i'm not exactly stressing the engine. i could make the GT42 spool earlier with smaller dia manifold piping - although i put in a 0.47 BFSC is there anything in...
  18. Pro

lag - i don't mind so much. i did think an older TA45 or a T88-34D might be whats required as well, with some clever exhaust manifold sizing.
  19. Pro

thanks for that :) i don't understand how it works though - i set all my parameters and.....what? is it meant to tell me what each turbo will be like on my engine by providing the map of each? it seems the GT4202 looks about right considering the broad island falls right within the...
  20. Pro

the compressor wheel is only 80mm on this one, not 100mm like the S5100, but the housings are gigantic (even with a 70mm inlet wheel, i get a 0.6AR inlet side!) and the exhaust is 80mm as well, but with a 1.15AR exhaust - so it is a big mofo of a turbo. i tried finding a pic on their website...